Credentialing Center: Butler Auditorium in the Triplett Alumni Center
*All media are required to pick up their credentials before entering the perimeter.
Media Credentials will be distributed during the following hours (listed in local time):
Tuesday, September 23, Noon-5 p.m.
Wednesday, September 24, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday, September 25, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday, September 26, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Media Filing Center
The media filing center will be open and fully operational during the following hours:
Wednesday, September 24, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Thursday, September 25, 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
Friday, September 26, 7 a.m.-until.
Saturday, September 27, 6 a.m.-2 p.m.
**Hours may vary according to media need
Our goal is to serve working journalists in every way possible. During business hours, please call 662-915-5090. Our professional staff are available to members of the media around the clock. If you have any questions about our campus, our capabilities or need any assistance, please contact a member of our staff. We're here for you.
Note: The deadline to apply for media credentials has passed. Credentials and parking information is available.
For campus press passes (outside the debate area) contact Susan Joiner at email@example.com. Please include space and technical requirements in your e-mail.
The following University of Mississippi officials will be available to assist the media throughout the week leading up to and during the Sept. 26 presidential debate:
Andy Harper, 662-801-7786, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vince McCaskill, 901-299-5724, email@example.com
Barbara Lago, 662-816-8611, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mitchell Diggs, 662-915-7236, email@example.com
Peter Cleary, 662-801-3556, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen Goforth, 678-472-1646, email@example.com
Please contact one of these individuals if you need information or have technical needs.
Enjoy Our Hospitality
As you make plans to cover the first presidential debate on September 26, the University of Mississippi and the Oxford community have scheduled several activities for you to experience genuine southern hospitality.
- The Mississippi Hospitality Center, located a block north of the Oxford town square at 309 N. Lamar St., will provide snacks and information beginning Tuesday, September 23, from noon to 6:00 PM and from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Wednesday through Friday.
- A reception for all credentialed media is scheduled from 8:00-10:00 PM Wednesday, September 24, at the Oxford Conference Center offering a taste of authentic Mississippi food, drink, and music. Enjoy the state’s unique culture and heritage.
- The university opens its arms with a “Welcome to Ole Miss” picnic from 5:30 - 8:00 PM Thursday, September 25, at the Overby Center for Southern Journalism and Politics (see campus map). The center faces the renowned Ole Miss Grove, scene of college football’s most famous tailgating experience.
For more debate-related information go to:
- The main debate Web site: debate.olemiss.edu
- The Commission on Presidential Debates Web page: www.debates.org
- For housing information in Oxford go to www.oxforddebatehousing.com
University Relations Contacts
Andrew Harper, Special Assistant to the Chancellor for Media Relations,
Barbara Lago, Director of Media and Public Relations, Print Contact
Mitchell Diggs, Associate Director of Media and Public Relations, Print Contact
Linda Peal, Chancellor’s Office Communications Liaison
Peter Cleary, Web Developer, Blog Contact
Vince McCaskill, Broadcast Contact
Local Media Coordinator
Vice Chancellor for University Relations, University Spokesperson