School of Applied Sciences Publications
Published Manuscripts – Refereed
- Snyder, G., Blanchet, P., Waddell, D., Ivy, L. (2009). Effects of Digital Vibrotactile Speech Feedback on Overt Stuttering Frequency. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 108, 271-280.
- Snyder, G., Hough, M.S., Blanchet, P., Ivy, L., Waddell, D. (2009). The Effects of Self-Generated Synchronous and Asynchronous Visual Speech Feedback on Overt Stuttering Frequency. Journal of Communication Disorders, 42, 235-244.
- Reitzes, P., Snyder, G.J. (co-authors). 2009. The Infusion of Interactive Digital Media With Self-Help and Stuttering Treatment. Perspectives on Fluency and Fluency Disorders, 19, 28-38.
- Reitzes, P., Snyder, G. (co-authors). Stuttering: Myths, Beliefs and Straight Talk. Memphis, TN: Stuttering Foundation of America, 2008.
- Snyder, G. (2008). iPod - Icon of the Digital Music Revolution. Exhibit featured at the Science Museum of London, UK.
- O’Dell, Kristi, O’Dell, Michael, and Taylor, James. (June, 2008). Access to Medications and Intermediate Markers of Health Outcomes of a Clinic Population of Patients with Diabetes, 49(6), 170-173 Journal of the Mississippi State Medical Association.
- Bomba, A. K., Chang, Y., Knight,K. B., Tidwell, D. K., Wachter, K., Endo, S., & West, C. K. (2009). College Students’ Attitudes Regarding Infant Feeding Practices. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences, 101(1), 25-29.
- Talegawkar, S., Johnson, E., Carithers, T., Taylor, H.A., Bogle, M.L. Tucker, K.,Carotenoid intakes, assessed by food frequency questionnaires (FFQs), are associated with serum carotenoid concentrations in the Jackson Heart Study: validation of the Jackson Heart Study Delta NIRI Adult FFQs. Public Health Nutr. 2008 Oct;11(10):989-97.
- Talegawkar, S., Carithers, T., Johnson, E., Bogle, M.L., Taylor, HA, Tucker, K. S. Serum carotenoid and tocopherol concentration vary by dietary pattern among African Americans. J Am Diet Assoc. 2008 Dec;108(12):2013-20.
- Chang, Yunhee and Angela Lyons (2008). "Are Financial Education Programs Meeting the Needs of Financially Disadvantaged Consumers?" Journal of Personal Finance 7(2): 84-109.
- Sung, Mi-Ai and Yunhee Chang. (2008). "An Examination of Potential Issues Surrounding the Adoption and Implementation of Child Support Enforcement Programs." Family and Culture 20(2): 161-195.
- Chang, Yunhee. (2008). "Child Support Enforcement and Wealth Accumulation Among Divorced Households." Journal of Consumer Education 25: 46-60
- Chang, Yunhee, Elizabeth Powers, and Andrea Beller. (2008). "Child Support Across State Lines: Distance, Interstate Enforcement, and Welfare Reform." [Electronic Abstract] Consumer Interests Annual 54.
- Kim, M., Boo, C., & Kim, Y. H. (2008). A comparison analysis of Chinese and Japanese tourists’ motivation factors in Jeju-do (province): a structural equation model. The Journal of The Korean Association of Regional Geographers, 14(2), 126-140.
- Kim, M., Boo, C., Moon, S., & Kim, Y. H. (2008). An investigation of factors influencing on the frequency of visit by domestic tourists at Jeju region: using ordinal regressions. The Journal of Tourism Sciences, 32(3), 339-354.
- Ruetzler, T. (2008). Food, beverage, and service quality: Does culture impact satisfaction with university foodservices? Journal of Culinary Science and Technology, (6) 4, 308-324.
- Taylor, J., Reynolds, D., & Brown, D.M. (2009). Multi-factor menu Analysis using Data Envelopment Analysis. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management,21(2), 213-225.
- Bass, M.A., & Keathley, R.S. (2008). Effectiveness of a social norms marketing campaign on a university campus. American Journal of Health Studies,23(4), 173-178.
- Garner, JC, BLackburn, JT, Weimar, WH, & Campbell, BJ. Comparison of Electromyographic Activity during Eccentrically versus Concentrically Loaded Isometric Muscle Contractions. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 2008, 18, pg 466-471.
- Lobb LR, Lobb WB, Hallam JS. Perceptions of anti-obesity medications among personal trainers. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2008, 22(2),485-489.
- Chris J Hass, Dwight E. Waddell, Robert J. Gregor, Steve L. Wolf, and Jorge Juncos. Gait Initiation in Adults with Postural Instability, Journal of Clinical Biomechanics. Volume 23, Issue 6, July 2008, p. 743-753.
- Loftin, M., Sothern, M., Tuuri, G., Tompkins, C., Koss, C. and Bonis. M. (2009). Gender
comparison of physiologic and perceptual responses in recreational marathon runners.
International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance. 4, 307-316.
- Bonis, M., Loftin, M., Speaker, R. and Kontos, A. (2009). Body composition of elite,
eumenorrheic and amenorrheic, adolescent cross-country runners. Pediatric Exercise
Science. 21, 318-328.
- Owens, S., Lambert, L., McDonough, S., Green, K. and Loftin, M. (2009). Feasibility of a home-delivered obesity prevention program for fourth-grade students. Pediatric Exercise Science. 21,
- Horacio R. Trujillo, Ivan Khilko, Andres Villamizar, Roald Euller and Carl Jensen (2008) Foreign Government Anti-Money Laundering Activities Monitoring Program: Program Review and Country Reports. Santa Monica: RAND Corporation (not open to the general public)
- Jensen, C. J. (2008). The Operational Environment in Iraq and Its Effects on IED Use: Policing Strategies and Tactics. Santa Monica: RAND Corporation.
- Jensen, C. J. (2009). "Right-Wing Resurgence at Home." Special Publication Prepared for National Intelligence Council. Santa Monica: RAND Corporation.
- Goh, B. K., & Kim, Y. H. (2008). Hospitality Managerial Cost Control (5th Ed.)
- Rostker, B., L. Hanser, W. M. Hix, C. J. Jensen III, A. Morral, G. Ridgeway, T. Schell (2008). Evaluation of the New York Police Departments Firearms Training and Firearms Discharge Review Process Santa Monica: RAND Corporation.
- Clifford, J. E., C. J. Jensen III, and T. A. Petee (2009) "Media coverage of mass murder events: The influence of female victimization." Women,Violence, and the Media (edited by Humphries). Lebanon, NH: Northeastern University Press.
- Stepteau-Watson, D. & Tolliver, d. (2008). Substance abuse in African American elders. in Grey, H. Ed. Cultural considerations in mental Health. Oxford University Press. Forthcoming.