School of Applied Sciences Publications
- Boyd, C. M. (2010). Living with a purpose: One woman’s journey in Vakalahi, H. F. O. & Peebles-Wilkins, W. (Eds.), Women of color on the rise: Leadership and administration in social work education and the academy. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Higdon, C. W. (2009). The role of the SLP and assistive technology in life care planning. In R. Weed & D. Berens (Eds.), Life Care Planning and Case Management Handbook, 3rd ed., (pp. 239-242): Taylor & Francis Publishers.
- Higdon, C. W., & Mustain, W. (2009). The role of the audiologist in life care planning. In R. Weed & D. Berens, (Eds.). Life Care Planning and Case Management Handbook, 3rd ed., (pp. 243-302): Taylor & Francis Publishers.
- Blanchet, P., Snyder, G. (2009). Speech rate deficits in individuals with Parkinson’s disease: A review of the literature. Journal of Medical Speech-Language Pathology, 17(1), 1-7.
- Bonis, M., Loftin, M., Speaker, R. and Kontos, A. (2009). Body composition of elite, eumenorrheic and amenorrheic, adolescent cross-country runners. Pediatric Exercise Science. 21, 318-328.
- Breslin, CM, Garner, JC, Rudisill, ME, Parish, LE, St. Onge, PM, & Weimar, WH. The Influence of Task Constraints on the Humeral Lag of the Overarm Throw of Novice Throwers. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 2009, 80, 375-379.
- Campbell, F. B. (2010). Jungian theory of psychological type augments the translating of social work values into social work practice behaviors. Accepted in Journal of Social Work Values and Ethics.
- Carithers, T., Talegawkar, S., Rowser, M., Henry, O., Dubbert, P., Bogle, M.L., Taylor, H., & Tucker, K. (2009). Validity and reproducibility of the food frequency questionnaires used in the Jackson, Heart Study. Journal of American Dietetic Association. 109(7), 1184-1193.
- Gilbert, J. Profile: Subculture of Enthusiasts: National Street Rod Association. Journal of Mississippi Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance, 2009.
- Hallam JS, Nagy MC. A conversation with Steve Sussman, PhD, FAAHB. American Journal of Health Behavior, 2009; 33(3), 330-334.
- Keena, L. (2009). Faith-based volunteers in local jails: The inaugural test of servant-leadership. The International Journal of Servant-Leadership, 5(1), 209-219.
- Keena, L., Fulkerson, A., & Krieger L. (2009). Stepping outside the box: Perceptions of judges and lawyers of the drug court. International Journal of Restorative Justice, 5(2).
- Keena, L., Mendenhall, N., & Wade, J. (2009). The police perspective of probation and parole: A case study. Professional Studies Review, 1(2), 51-63.
- Kim, Y H., Kim, M., Goh, B.K., & Antun, J.M. (2009). A comparison between first-timers and repeaters at a food event. Journal of Culinary Science & Technology, 7(4), 239-249.
- Kim, Y.H. & Kim, M. (2010). A new approach for assessment and comparison of Web sites: Using the modified Balanced Scorecard (BSC) and Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP). Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 19(7), 676-695.
- Kim, Y.H., Goh, B.K., & Yuan, J. (2010). A development of a multi-dimensional scale for measuring the motivation factors of food tourists at a food event: What does motivate people to travel? Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality and Tourism. 11(1), 56-71.
- Kim, Y.H., Kim, M., Goh, B.K., & Han, J. (2009). A development of instrument for luxury hotel Websites' assessment: Using the modified Balanced Scorecard and Analytical Hierarchy Process (BSCAHP). Korean Journal of Hospitality Administration. 18(5), 277-287.
- Kim, Y.H., Kim, M., Taylor, J., & Ruetzler, T. (2010). An examination of festival attendee's behavior using SEM. International Journal of Event and Festival Management. 1(1), 86-95.
- Lamont HS, Cramer JT, Bemben DA, Shehab RL, Anderson MA, Bemben MG. Effects of adding whole body vibration to squat training on isometric force/time characteristics. Journal Strength and Conditioning Research. 2010 Jan 24(1):171-83.
- Lamont HS, Cramer JT, Bemben MG, Bemben D. The effects of four different modes of Whole Body Low Frequency Vibration application upon vertical jump performance. Epub ahead of print (2010) Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research.
- Langlois MA, Hallam JS. Integrating multiple health behavior theories into program planning: The PER worksheet. Health Promotion Practice, 2010, (11(2), 282-288.
- Loftin, M., Sothern, M., Tuuri, G., Tompkins, C., Koss, C. and Bonis. M. (2009). Gender comparison of physiologic and perceptual responses in recreational marathon runners. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance. 4, 307-316.
- Nagy MC, Hallam JS. A conversation with Michael Young, PhD, FAAHB. American Journal of Health Behavior, 2010, 34(1), 119-127.
- Nocera J, Buckley T, Waddell D, Okun M, and Hass C. The relationships of knee extensor strength and function in Parkinson’s disease, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Accepted November 2009.
- Noland, R.M., Bass, M.A., Keathley, R.S., & Miller, R. (2009). Is a little knowledge a good thing? College students gain knowledge, but knowledge increase does not equal attitude change regarding same-sex sexual orientation and gender reassignment surgery in sexuality courses. American Journal of Sexuality Education,4(2), 139-157.
- O’Dell, K. J., O’Dell, M., & Taylor, J. (2009). Does a Group Visit Improve Health Literacy and Intermediate Outcomes among People with Type 2 Diabetes? Journal of the Mississippi State Medical Association L (12) 416-20
- Owens, S., Lambert, L., McDonough, S., Green, K. and Loftin, M. (2009). Feasibility of a home-delivered obesity prevention program for fourth-grade students. Pediatric Exercise Science. 21, 279-290.
- Owens, S., Lambert, L.G., McDonough, S., Green, K., & Loftin, M. (2009). Feasibility of a home-delivered internet obesity prevention program for fourth-grade students. Pediatric Exercise Science. 21, 279-290.
- Peacock, J. R., O’Quin, J. A. & Pannell, L. (2010). “Mama Bette”: Improving Intergenerational Encounters I Experiential Learning,” Journal of Aging Humanities and the Arts, 3:266-284.
- Ruetzler, T., Hertzman, J., & Taylor, J. (2009). A comparative analysis of the impact of culture on university satisfaction: A pilot study. Journal of Foodservice. 20, 200-208.
- Snyder, G., Blanchet, P., Waddell, D., Ivy, L. (2009). Effects of digital vibrotactile speech feedback on overt stuttering frequency. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 108, 271-280.
- Snyder, G., Hough, M.S., Blanchet, P., Ivy, L., Waddell, D. (2009). The Effects of Self-Generated Synchronous and Asynchronous Visual Speech Feedback on Overt Stuttering Frequency. Journal of Communication Disorders, 42, 235-244.
- Talegawkar, S.A., Beretta G., Yeum, K.J., Johnson, E.J., Carithers, T.C., Taylor, H.A., Russell, R.M., & Tucker, K.L. (2009).Total antioxidant performance is associated with diet and serum antioxidants in participants of the diet and physical activity substudy of the Jackson Heart Study. Journal Nutrition. 139(10), 1964-71.
- Valliant, M.W., Tidwell, D.K., Hallam, J.S., Wadsworth, D.D., Owens, S., & Chitwood, L.F. (2009). A resting metabolic rate equation including bioelectrical impedance-derived lean body mass provides a better prediction in premenopausal African-American women across a spectrum of body mass indices. Topics in Clinical Nutrition. 24(2), 152-160.
- Yousefian A, Hennessy E, Umstattd MR, Economos C, Hallam JS, Hyatt R, Hartley D. Development of the rural active living assessment tools. Preventive Medicine, 2010, 50(1), S86-S92.