School of Applied Sciences Publications
- Davis, R., C. J. Jensen, and K. E. Kitchens. 2011. Cold-Case Investigations: An Analysis of Current Practices and Factors Associated with Successful Outcomes. Santa Monica: RAND Corporation.
- Jensen, C. J. and R. Harré (Eds.). 2011. Beyond Rationality: Contemporary
Issues. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Press.
- McClellan, G., King, C., & Rockey, D. (in press). The handbook for college
athletic and recreation administrators. San Francisco: Jossey Bass.
- McElreath, D., Keena, L., Etter, G., & Stuart, E. (2011). Introduction to
corrections. Boca Raton, FL: Taylor & Francis.
- McElreath, David; Carl Jensen; Mike Wigginton; Ralph Kennedy; Jan Bounds; Ken Winter; Adrian Doss and Jennifer Sumeral Introduction to Law Enforcement
(1st Edition), Boca Raton, FL: CRC Publishers, ISBN 9781466556232
- Schafer, J., M. Buerger, R. Myers, C. Jensen and B. Levin. 2011. he Future of Policing: A Practical Guide for Police Managers and Leaders. Boca Raton, FL: Taylor and Francis Group.
- Watson, J., Hines, A. & Griffith-Davis, L. (2011). The wraparound process:
strengths-based, family driven, and community perspective. Alabama-Mississippi Social Work Education Annual Conference. November 2011. Conference proceedings.
- Black, C.D. (2012). Muscle pain during and following exercise. In E. O. Acevedo
(Ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Exercise Psychology. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. (Original work published 2012)
- Jensen, Carl. 2011."Afterword." in Jensen, Carl and Rom Harre (eds.) Beyond Rationality: Contemporary Issues Cambridge, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Jensen, Carl. 2011."Discourses of Conversion: The Covenant, Sword, Arm of
the Lord." in Jensen, Carl and Rom Harre (eds.) Beyond Rationality: Contemporary Issues Cambridge, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Knight, K.B. (2011) Nutrition for Good Health. In L. Banahan, (ed.) UM Freshman Year Experience Text. (pp. 359-369). The Nautilus Publishing Company, Oxford, MS.
- McClellan, G., Rockey, D., & King, C. (in press). Summing Up and Looking Forward. In G. McClellan, C. King, & D. Rockey (Eds.), The handbook for college athletic and recreation administrators. San Francisco: Jossey Bass.
- O'Quin, J.A. (2012) Serve to Learn, Learn to Serve: Implementing Service-Learning in Higher Education in J. Westover, (Ed.) Service-learning Across Disciplines: Models, Outcomes, and Assessment>, Champaign, Ill: Common Ground Pub,LLC
- Owens S. Lifestyle Medicine, Edition 2.
- Rockey, D. & Barcelona, R. (in press). An Overview of Fitness and Recreation in Collegiate Settings. In G. McClellan, C. King, & D. Rockey (Eds.), The handbook for college athletic and recreation administrators. San Francisco: Jossey Bass
- Valliant, M.W. and Knight, K.B. (2011) Eating Disorders. In L. Banahan, (ed.) UM Freshman Year Experience Text. (pp. 371-378). The Nautilus Publishing Company, Oxford, MS.
- Black, C.D. and Dobson, R.M. "Prior Eccentric Exercise Reduces VO2 Peak and Ventilatory Threshold, but Does Not Alter Movement Economy During Cycling Exercise." J of Strength and Cond Res (In Press) Accepted: Oct. 27, 2011
- Bonis, M. and Loftin, M. (2011). Seasonal bone density and body composition changes in High School Wrestlers. International Journal of Wrestling Science. 1:42-44.
- Dobson, R.M., Martino, M., and Black, C.D. "The Relationship Among Running Econ omy, Lactate Threshold and Distance Running Performance" J of Aus Strength and Cond. 19(4) 14-24. 2011
- Fei Teng, Yixin Chen, Aik Min Choong, Scott Gustafson, Christopher Reichley, Pamela Lawhead, and Dwight Waddell, ``Square or Sine: Finding a Waveform with High Success Rate of Eliciting SSVEP," Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience,vol. 2011, Article ID 364385, 5 pages, 2011. doi:10.1155/2011/364385.
- Ford, M.A., Bass, M.A., Zhao, Y., Bai, J. & Zhao Y. (2011). Osteoporosis knowledge, self-efficacy, and belief among college students in the USA and China. Journal of Osteoporosis, 2011, 1-8.
- Gamble A, Waddell D, Ford MA, Bentley JP, Woodyard CD, Hallam, JS. (in press) Obesity and health risk of children in the Mississippi Delta. Journal of School Health.
- Garner, JC, MacDonald, CJ, Wade, C, Johnson, AK, & Ford-Wade, MA. The Influence of Body Composition on Youth Throwing Kinetics. Pediatric Exercise Science,2011, 23, 379-387.
- Goggans, M. H., Lambert, L. G., & Chang, Y. (Fall 2011). Offer versus serve only: does service method affect elementary children's fruit and vegetable consumption. Journal of Child Nutrition and Management, 35. Found at www.schoolnutrition.org/Content.aspx?id=16358
- Hallam JS. Physical Activity and Exercise. Oxford Bibliographies Online (2011). Available: http://www.oxfordbibliographiesonline.com
- Hatchett A, Hallam JS, Ford-Wade M.A. An evaluation of a social cognitive theory based email intervention designed to influence the physical activity of survivors of breast cancer. Psycho-oncology, 0000, 00(0), 00-00.
- Jensen, C. J. 2011. The Intelligence Officer Training Corps: An ROTC-style program for the IC. International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence 24(1): 733-746.
- Jensen, C. J. and W. Nickels. Accepted. "Cold Case Best Practices." Journal of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
- Keena, L. D., Wade, J. E., & Conlon, H. (2011) Reaching the Invisible Victim: Men's Fraternity as Restorative Justice. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 1(17), 1-10.
- Keena, L., Visagaratnam, N., & Wade, J. E.(2010). Run silent, run deep: women, meth, and crime. International Journal of sociological Research, 4 (1), 29-44.
- Kieckhaefer Wenzel, R., Valliant, M. W., Chang, Y., Bomba, A. K., & Lambert, L. G. (2012). Dietary assessment and education improves body composition and diet in NCAA female volleyball players. Topics in Clinical Nutrition, 27(1), 67-73.
- Kristina Makey, Sharla Patterson, James Robinson, Mark Loftin, Dwight Waddell, Lucio Miele, Edmund Chinchar, Min Huang, Andrew Smith, Mark Weber, and Jian-Wei Gui, European Journal of Cancer Prevention Research, accepted March 2012.
- MacDonald, JC, Lamont, HS, & Garner, JC. A Comparison of the Effects of 6 Weeks of Traditional Resistance Training, Plyometric Training, and Complex Training on Measures of Strength and Anthropometrics. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 2012, 26, 422-431.
- Mackey, K.L., Patterson, S.G., Robinson, J., Loftin, M., Waddell, D., Miele, L., Chinchar, E., Huang, M., Smith, M. and Gu, J.W. (2012) Increased plasma levels of soluble vascular endothelial groswth factor (VEGF) receptor 1(sFLT- 1) in women by moderate exercise and increased plasma levels of VEGF in overwweight/obese women. European Journal of Cancer Prevention, accepted for publication, March, 2012.
- Newton, R.L., Hongmei, H., Dubbert, P.M., Johnson, W. D., Hickson, D.A., Ainsworth, B. E., Carithers, T., Taylor, H., Wyatt, S., Tudor-Locke, C. Pedometer determined physical activity tracks in adults: The Jackson Heart Study. Official acceptance recieved by Journal of Behavioral Nutrition (2012 date pending).
- Ogawa, M., Mitsukawa, N. Loftin, M. and Abe, T. (2012). Association of vigorous physical activity with age-related, site-specific loss of thigh muscle in women: the HIREGASAKI study. Journal of Trainology. 1, 6-9.
- Owens, S.G., Garner, J.C., III, Loftin, J.M., van Blerk, N. and Ermin, K (2011). Changes in physical activity and fitness after 3 months of home Wii FitTM use. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 25, 3191-3197.
- Patrick, J., Valliant, M.W. & Roseman, M.G. (2011). Utilizing a Health Assessment Survey in Developing a Worksite Wellness Program. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. Supplement. 111(9), A87.
- Pokhrel P, Sussman S, Regmi S, Hallam JS, Kniazev V, Masafutov R. Spirituality and substance use in a sample of Russian adolescents. International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health, 2012, 24(2).
- Roseman, M.G., Kim, Y.H., and Zhang, Y. (2012). A Study of Consumers' Intention to Purchase Ethnic Food When Eating in Restaurants. Journal of Foodservice Business Research. Accepted 16(3), page numbers tbd.
- Roseman, M.G., Patrick, J. & Valliant, M.W. (2011). Utilizing Employee Feedback in the Developing of a Corporate Wellness Initiative Results in a Customized Program. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. Supplement. 111(9), A86.
- Ruetzler, T., & Taylor, J. (2011). The perceptions of appearances by career fair recruiters. Frontiers in Southeast CHRIE Hospitality and Tourism Research, 15(2), 34-39.
- Ruetzler, T., et al., What is professional attire today? A conjoint analysis of personal presentation attributes. Int. J. Hospitality Manage. (2011), doi:10.1016/j.ijhm.2011.11.001
- Ruetzler, T., Taylor, J., Reynolds, D., & Baker, W. (2011). Understanding perceptions of professional attributes using conjoint analysis. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 30, 551-557.
- Stepteau-Watson, D. Infusing service learning in the college curriculum: a report of a service-learning project to bring awareness to sexual violence. College Student Journal. Mobile, AL. Forthcoming.
- Umstattd MR, Baller S, Hallam JS. Development of the Rural Active Living Perceived Environmental Support Scale (RALPESS). Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 0000, 00(0), 00-00.
- Valliant, M.W., Roseman, M.G., Patrick, J., & Wenzel, R.K. (2011). Worksite Wellness Screenings Identify Employees with Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. Supplement. 111(9), A81.
- Wenzel, R. K., Valliant, M. W., Chang, Y., Bomba, A. K., & Lambert, L. G. (2012). Dietary assessment and education improves body composition and diet in NCAA female volleyball players. Topics in Clinical Nutrition, 27, 67-73.
- Wigginton, M. P. and C. J. Jensen. In press. The Texas Border Sheriff's Coalition: An analysis of policing along the U.S. -- Mexican border. Homeland Security Review 6(1).
- Woodyard CD, Hallam JS, Bentley JP. (in press) Drinking Norms: Predictors of Misperceptions among College Students. American Journal of Health Behavior.