University of Mississippi s Nutrition Clinic Patient Rights and Responsibilities
As members of the staff of the University of Mississippi s Nutrition Clinic, we recognize the partnership we have with our patients. We support the following statement of patient rights and responsibilities:
As a patient of the University of Mississippi s Nutrition Clinic
You have the right
- to reasonable access to services regardless of race, creed, age, gender, handicap, national origin, or sexual orientation.
- to considerate care which respects individual needs, values, and beliefs.
- to information about diagnosis and treatment.
- to know the identity and professional status of the provider.
- to personal privacy and confidentiality.
- to accept or refuse care and to be informed of the possible consequences of refusal.
- to be informed of research and educational projects affecting care or treatment, and to refuse to participate in such activities.
- to approve or refuse release of information, except as required by law.
- to present concerns and complaints and to receive a response.
- to information about services, hours, fees and payment, and eligibility.
You have the responsibility
- to provide accurate and complete health information.
- to report whether you clearly understand the plan of treatment and what is expected of you.
- to express any concerns about the plan of care.
- to follow the treatment plan.
- to understand the possible consequences of not following the treatment plan.
- to report changes in condition to the service provider.
- to keep appointments, or if unable, to inform the University of Mississippi s Nutrition Clinic at least 24 hours in advance.
- to respond to the University of Mississippi s Nutrition Clinic s requests for evaluation of services provided.
- to respect the rights, privacy, and property of other patients and staff.
- to follow The University of Mississippi s Nutrition Clinic rules and procedures.
- to fulfill financial obligations.