Mission Goals and Outcome Measures
The mission of the MS in Food and Nutrition Services is to prepare students for entry into nutrition-related or hospitality management-related fields of study and/or their industries with excellence and integrity.
- Be able to demonstrate how to interpret, evaluate, and use professional literature to make ethical, evidence-based practice decisions.
- Be able to demonstrate effective and professional oral and written communication and documentation when communicating with individuals, professional groups, and the public.
- Be able to incorporate professional knowledge with effective management and education techniques to facilitate food, nutrition and hospitality related behavior change.
- Be able to use a decision making process to make decisions, to identify nutrition- or hospitality-related problems, and to determine and evaluate appropriate interventions.
- Be able to apply knowledge of nutrition or hospitality management to enhance the well-being of individuals and groups.
- Be able to apply management and business theories and principles to the development, marketing, and delivery of nutrition or hospitality programs or services.