I can connect to the UM wifi network (OleMiss), but the wireless access page will not come up. Can you help?
1. Clear cookies and cache in your web browser and try again.
2. Try a different browser.
If you are still having issues, contact the IT Helpdesk at 662-915-5222 or email@example.com.
A visitor in our office needs to connect to the wireless network. What can I do?
The guest wireless services web site allows WebID users to sponsor temporary wireless accounts for guests. Using the guest's email address, sponsors can create an account and send the auto-generated password to the guest via text message.
Please Note: Guests are bound by the Appropriate Use Policy and sponsors are responsible for their online activities.
I have a specialty or gaming device. I need to identify the MAC address in order to register the device on the UM Wireless network. Where can I locate my device's MAC address?
Below are instructions for finding the MAC address for various devices.
Amazon Kindle (non-android)
- From the home screen, tap Menu, and then Settings.
- The MAC address will appear in the "Device Info" section near the bottom of the screen.
Barnes and Noble Nook (Black and White)
- Press the physical "n" button under the screen of the Nook.
- Select the Settings icon.
- The MAC address is at the bottom of this screen.
Barnes and Noble Nook (Color)
- Tap the arrow on the bottom of the screen.
- Select Settings, it is a cog on the right of the menu.
- Select Device Information.
- Select "About Your Nook Color".
- The MAC address is on this screen.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, select Main Menu > Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- The MAC address is displayed in the lower right hand corner of this screen.
Microsoft XBOX 360
- From the XBox Dashboard, select System > Network Settings > Wireless Network.
- Select Configure Network > Additional Settings > Advanced Settings.
- The MAC address is displayed on this screen.
We recommend using the Wii on a wired network connection. Please consider purchasing a Nintendo Wii USB Enabled Lan Adapter.
Sony Playstation 2 - original
- If you've added a network port, you'll need the "Network Startup Disc" or "Network Access Disc" to find the MAC address.
- Turn on the console with the disc in the disc tray.
- When the connection testing fails, press the Select button on the controller for help.
- The MAC address should be displayed in a Help prompt.
Sony Playstation 2 - slimline
- Turn on the console without a disc in the drive.
- From the Main Menu, press the Triangle button to display the System Information screen.
- The MAC address will be displayed on this screen.
Sony Playstation 3 and Playstation Portable (PSP)
- From the Main Menu, select Settings > System Settings.
- Select System Information.
- This screen will display your MAC address.
How do I connect to UM WiFi? On my phone, I see OleMiss, OleMiss_v2 and EDUROAM.
For faculty, staff and students on our campuses, we recommend OleMiss_v2. It is our advanced wireless access solution that was released in summer 2013. You can read more about v2 and the initial setup at wireless.olemiss.edu.
When visiting another university, Eduroam is a service that provides wifi access via your existing UM WebID and password at other participating universities worldwide.