The Blues Archive:
University of Mississippi Links
- Center for the Study of Southern Culture
- Center for education and research in all areas of culture in the American South.
- Department of Music
- Web Site for the Music Department of the University of Mississippi.
- Living Blues Magazine
- The Magazine of the African-American Blues Tradition
- American Memory: Southern Mosaic
- Library of Congress exhibition of the John and Ruby Lomax
1939 Southern States Recording Trip. The online presentation contains a large number of sound files, images,
and field note transcriptions from this journey.
- Archives of African American Music and Culture
- Repository of materials covering various musical idioms and cultural expressions from the post-World War II era.
- Blues Foundation
- Organization promoting and preserving Blues music around the globe. With the Annual W. C. Handy Blues Awards, Keeping the Blues
Alive Awards, Blues Hall of Fame induction ceremony, The International Blues Challenge
and the Lifetime Achievement Award, as well as the internationally syndicated weekly Blues radio program Beale Street Caravan©, The Blues
Foundation continuously encourages and recognizes the highest achievements of artists, writers, promoters and other supporters of the Blues.
- Blues Net
- WWW-based repository for information on blues performers. BluesNet contains a good online searchable bibliography with over 10,000 entries.
- Blues World
- Good source for published and unpublished blues articles. Blues World also contains many links to blues and
blues-related Web Sites.
- Center for Black Music Research
- A research unit of Columbia College Chicago, the CBMR is devoted to research, preservation, and dissemination
of information about the history of black music on a global scale.
- Center for Popular Music
- Archive and research center devoted to the study of American popular music from the pre-revolutionary era to
- Chicago Blues Archives
- A branch of the Chicago Public Library, the Archives collects audio and visual recordings, promotional materials,
artifacts, and other available blues-related material.
- Delta Blues Museum
- Located in Clarksdale, MS, the Museum collects, preserves, and makes accessible to the public information,
programs, and related services concerning the history and significance of the blues.
- Institute for Studies in American Music
- A branch of Brooklyn College, City University of New York, the Institute is a center for the study and presentation
of American music.
- National Association for the Study and Performance of African American Music
- Organization furthering the development and dissemination of African American music through advocacy,
education, and performance.
- National Geographic: Blues Highway
- Online gallery of blues images taken by William Albert Allard for the April 1999 article "Traveling the Blues Highway."
- Year of the Blues
- Official Web Site detailing the events for the 2003 celebration of the blues, recognized by the 107th Congress
of the United States.
Copyright © 2012 The University of Mississippi. All rights reserved.