- Research & Collections
- Using the Library
1. The manuscripts are open to graduate students, faculty, and to qualified researchers who make application to the University Archivist for permission to examine the manuscripts.
2. Before any notes are taken from the manuscripts a request must be submitted for approval from the University Archivist. The request must include name and institutional affiliation of the scholar, subject of study, purpose of study, and specific request.
3. In order to conserve the manuscripts only photocopies of the papers will be supplied to in-house readers. Scholars interested in examining the originals may seek permission from the University Archivist. Such permission will not be accorded, pro forma. Photocopies of the papers are not permitted.
4. Permission to consult a manuscript does not imply the right to publish any part of it.
5. Publication in any form should cite the source of the material as follows: The Rowan Oak Papers, Archives and Special Collections, The University of Mississippi.
I understand and agree to the policies governing the use of the Rowan Oak Papers.