Plagiarism & Academic Honesty:
The University of Mississippi's Information Literacy Committee has created a video and quiz on plagiarism and academic honesty. This project grew out of concerns about rising rates of academic dishonesty and students' lack of knowledge about plagiarism.
The Information Literacy Competency for Higher Education states: "The information literate student understands many of the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information and accesses and uses information ethically and legally."
- The video is 20 minutes long.
- You may watch the video as many times as needed to understand the concepts.
- The video is on the library website and as part of the plagiarism quiz.
Find the Quiz
The plagiarism and academic honesty quiz is available for all current students, faculty, and staff in myOleMiss.
- Students can find the Plagiarism Quiz by logging into myOleMiss.
- Select the Students tab, and then the Main tab.
- The Plagiarism Quiz link is in the menu to the left of the screen.
- On the first screen, you will see a record of your five most recent attempts and scores (if available).
- The second screen presents the tutorial and video.
- Immediately following the 20 minute video is a brief, eight question quiz.
- If you have already watched the video, click on Next Page to go directly to the quiz.
- Once completed, you'll get feedback on your quiz including the correct answers for each question
- Your results will be available to your professor
- Faculty/Instructors of Record can find student quiz results by logging into myOleMiss myOleMiss.
- Select the Faculty/Course Info Tab
- Click on the class Info Tab
- Then, Class Rolls and Grades
- Choose your semester e.g. Submit Fall 2011
- Each course's individual dropdown will give the opton to View Plagiarism Results.
- After you choose the drop down menu you will see a class view of your students results
- You can also click on an individual student to view their specific outcome results