Research Help Tutorial:
Plagiarism and Academic Honesty Resources for Faculty
This video and quiz on plagiarism and academic honesty was created by the University of Mississippi's Information Literacy Committee (ILC) and the Office of Online Design & eLearning.
The Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education frame “Information Has Value,” lists the following knowledge practices and dispositions for students:
- Give credit to the original ideas of others through proper attribution and citation
- Understand that intellectual property is a legal and social construct
- Respect the original ideas of others
- Value the skills, time, and effort needed to produce knowledge
- See themselves as contributors to the information marketplace rather than only consumers of it
This project grew from concerns about rising rates of academic dishonesty and students' lack of knowledge about plagiarism.