Just For You
Things Grad Students Should Know about UM Libraries...Personalized Expert Assistance
Proxy Card Information
Personalized Expert Assistance
- A subject specialist with a Masters in Library Science has been assigned to each discipline to assist you with your classes and research; make an appointment to discuss your research options.
- Use the Subject Guides on the library homepage to find specific resources by discipline and also to find archives of your Department’s Library Newsletter.
- Chat live with a librarian
- University Libraries are the J.D. Williams Library (Main) and the Science Library. The Science Library is located in the Thad Cochran Research Center and houses chemistry and pharmacy collections.
- The Libraries subscribe to over 100 databases with access to articles and magazines, newspapers, trade periodicals and scholarly journals.
- The Libraries provide over 61,000 e-books and e-journals. Access online library resources off campus using your myOleMiss ID and password.
- The Libraries hold over 1.4 million print volumes, with access to millions of other resources around the world via Interlibrary Loan.
- Lockable study carrels are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for a $5 key fee. Visit the Administrative Suite on the 3rd floor for more information.
- The Charles Noyes Graduate Student Reading Room is located on the west end of the 3rd floor.
- FREE photocopying, courtesy of the GSC, is located next to the Noyes Reading Room. Get the printer code here
An Important Message from Interlibrary Loan
The J.D. Williams Library offers graduate students FREE Desktop Document Delivery of articles from our local collections.
- To provide FREE and timely service, document delivery requests must be:
- Limited to one article per journal issue or one chapter per book and be thirty pages or fewer
- Ten requests or fewer per person per week
- Not a course reserve reading
- To request articles, log in to your ILLiad account and click the "Request Document Delivery" button on your ILLiad Main Menu. If you are a first time user, please set up an account today!
- We are excited to offer this new service, and urge you to take advantage of it! We hope you will find that it makes your library research more productive and less stressful.
- Student Jobs at the Library. An online application for student employment at the library is available at http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/general_library/files/admin/student.html
- is a FREE download from the Library’s website that allows you to see if our Libraries own a resource on a webpage without leaving the webpage! Download it herehttp://libx.org/editions/download.php?edition=F7C2EA18
- New Library Instruction Site featuring Flash Tutorials. Research Help at http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/general_library/instruction/
- University Libraries hours of operation: http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/general_library/files/admin/hours.html
- Loan periods for graduate students: http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/general_library/files/circ/circ_policy.html#loans
Proxy Card Information
To learn more about how to receive a proxy card to check out materials for your professors, how to place reserve requests, annex requests, library fines, or renewals, Contact Circulation @ x5858 or http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/general_library/files/circ/circ.html