Just For You
Things Undergraduate Students Should Know about UM Libraries...Personalized Expert Assistance
Personalized Expert Assistance
- A subject specialist with a Masters in Library Science has been assigned to each discipline to assist you with your projects and research. A librarian is available to assist you, without an appointment, at the Reference Desk in J.D. Williams Library, or by phone, email or chat.
- Use the Subject Guides on the library homepage to find specific resources by discipline and also to find archives of your Department’s Library Newsletter.
- Chat live with a librarian
- University Libraries are the J.D. Williams Library (Main) and the Science Library. The Science Library is located in the Thad Cochran Research Center and houses chemistry and pharmacy collections.
- The Libraries subscribe to over 100 databases with access to articles and magazines, newspapers, trade periodicals and scholarly journals.
- The Libraries provide over 61,000 e-books and e-journals. Access online library resources off campus using your myOleMiss ID and password.
- The Libraries hold over 1.4 million print volumes, with access to millions of other resources around the world via Interlibrary Loan.
An Important Message from Interlibrary Loan
If we do not have a book or article you need in our collection you may request the material through Interlibrary Loan. Books take about a week to arrive and articles are delivered to your email electronically in about 24 to 48 hours.
If you are a first time user you will need to set up an account. It is quick and easy online.
Interlibrary Loan http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/general_library/files/ill/home.html
- Student Jobs at the Library. An online application for student employment at the library is available at http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/general_library/files/admin/student.html
- New Library Instruction Site featuring Flash Tutorials. Research Help at http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/general_library/instruction/
- University Libraries hours of operation: http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/general_library/files/admin/hours.html
- Loan periods for undergraduate students: http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/general_library/files/circ/circ_policy.html#loans