Annual Staff Appraisals
The Annual Staff Appraisal window is open
from March 1st to April 30th. At this time, the window is closed and no additional submissions or acknowledgements are possible.
The annual staff performance appraisal should be completed once a year and submitted by April 30th of each year. The performance under consideration is for work performed from March 1st of the prior year to February 28th of the current year.
The windows to access, complete, and submit the online appraisal form is March 1st to April 30th. Please review the timeline below for important dates and instructions. The appraisal must be acknowledged by the employee and the approval process completed by 11:59PM on April 30th as the online system does not allow for late appraisals.
The policy for “Performance Appraisal for Staff Personnel” is available on the policy index.
February 1st to March 1st
Review and Request Updates (Approval Chain):
- Supervisors must visit myOleMiss and under the “Administrator” role, select “Staff Performance Appraisals” on the left hand menu. The system will default to your staff information.
- Simply scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Search.” Under the “Administrative Actions” column, you will have the option to “View Appraisal Routing.”
- Click on “Go” for the employee. The display indicates the approval process for this particular staff member.
- If there has been a change to the routing structure for approvals, print the "View Appraisal Routing" page (this page includes the required personnel number and position number) and note the changes. Please provide a copy to Jennifer Clanton, Department of Human Resources, Howry Hall no later than March 15th.
March 1st to April 30th
The deadline is April 30th
Complete and Submit Online Performance Appraisals:
- The annual appraisal form is accessed through myOleMiss from March 1st to April 30th each year. (Online Instructions)
- The outcome of a successful performance appraisal is the supervisor and the staff member should have a face-to-face dialog of the staff member’s past performance and a plan for future performance.
- After completion of the face-to-face meeting, the supervisor will submit the review online at myOleMiss.
- The staff member will access the appraisal on myOleMiss, acknowledge receipt of the appraisal, and submit it for the supervisor’s manager to review. The staff member will have an opportunity to include comments.
- The appraisal must be acknowledged by the employee and the approval process completed by April 30th as the online system does not allow for late appraisals.
Click image for overview.
Online Instructions (how to submit online only)
If you have questions, contact Andrea Jekabsons.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 915-1530