Resource and Learning Site
Did you find what you were looking for? Take Our Survey
Welcome to the Human Resources’ Learning Center. This webpage is designed to provide information, tools, and other resources to inform and educate employees about health, wellness, and financial planning.
State and School Employees’ Health Insurance Plan
Information available on this website includes:
- Find a Participating Provider - This section provides a list of medical care providers (physicians, therapists, hospitals, etc.) who are in-network provider with the State Health Plan.
- Wellness/Preventive Coverage – Plan participants can access a list of benefits available under the adult and child wellness program.
- Publications – Access the Plan’s Summary Plan Description.
- Prescription Drug Program – Plan participants can access information about the mail order program and a listing of brand name drugs.
Participants can also gain access to medical explanation of benefits and complete a HealthQuotient.
– This site shares information and tips for good oral health. Read about diet & nutrition, preventive care, and dental conditions & treatments. Get tips on kids, teens, and senior citizen dental care or watch a video clip on oral health.
– Visit the Vision Wellness Library to learn about eye care. Read articles about vision wellness, eye care safety, and childhood vision problems.
Flexible Spending Accounts
– Employees who participate in Medical Reimbursement, Dependent Care, and/or Premium Reimbursement plans have access to the following information via the Southern Administrators and Benefit Consultants website.
- Access account balance and review the status
- Submit reimbursements online
Thinking about your financial future? Utilize publications, educational information, and tools on the following financial planning and investment firm websites to attain information on retirement planning, investing, and preparing for the future.
American Funds https://www.americanfunds.com/retirement/index.htm
Strategic Financial http://www.strategicfinancialpartners.com/client-services/our-process.html
Midsouth Financial Group (Metlife) http://www.msfg.metlife.com/learning_center.cfm
Retirement Plan Tools
Newsletter & Communication
Wellness Fringe Benefits
Employees have access to a variety of wellness programs; professional & personal training and development opportunities; and onsite fitness center.
Employee Assistance Program - information, counseling, and professional consultation sessions available through the University Counseling Center
Friends of the Children - monetary assistance for food, lodging, travel, and child care for faculty and staff with children who have been diagnosed with extraordinary medical conditions
Speech and Hearing Center - speech and hearing tests and services
Turner Center – campus recreation center offers discounted annual memberships
University Physician’s Discount - discount on medical expenses with the University Physician’s Group at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi.
Motivating Mississippi, a wellness program sponsored by the State and School Employees’ Health Insurance Plan, provides
- Becoming Active
- Improving Fitness
- Fitness Trends
- Weight Training
- Performance Enhancement
- My Plate
- Olympic Nutrition
- Weight Loss & Dieting
- Athletic Performance
- Emotional Health
- Workplace Issues
- Workplace Stress
- Employee Assistance
- Chemical Dependency
- Tobacco- Cessation Program
The University is not responsible for information provided on company websites that are linked from this page.