Hume Hall 325
Phone: (662) 915-7398
Fax: (662) 915-5491
Teaching - Fall 2012
Office Hours: MWF 2:00 - 3:00 pm, or by appointment.
Math 263 (Calculus III) : MWF 1:00 - 1:50 pm in Hume 113.
Math 575 (Introduction to Mathematical Statistics) : MWF 12:00 - 12:50 pm in Hume 201.
- Long Memory Time Series/Linear Processes, Time Series Model Selection
- Nonparametric Statistics, Asymptotic Statistics, Empirical Processes
- Survey Sampling Design & Analysis, Data Mining
asymptotics for kernel density estimators with variable bandwidths (with Evarist
Gine), Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, Volume 22 Issue 6, 2010, 773-795
- Asymptotic properties of self-normalized linear processes with
long memory (with Magda
Peligrad), Econometric Theory, Volume 28 Issue 3, 2012, 548-569
- On the estimation of smooth probability densities by
probability densities at the optimal
rate in sup-norm loss (with Evarist Gine), accepted by IMS Lecture Notes
- Central limit theorem for linear processes with infinite
variance (with Magda Peligrad), to
appear in Journal of Theoretical Probability, published online: 24 November 2011
Denise, Andrea C. Lamas, Hailin Sang, Kenneth K. Lopiano, Pam Arroway,
J. Young. 2011. On the feasibility of using NASS's sampling list frame to evaluate mis-
classification errors of the June Area Survey. United States Department of Agriculture
National Agricultural Statistics Service (USDA NASS) Research Report, #RDD-11-01,
- Sang, Hailin, Pam Arroway, Kenneth K. Lopiano, Denise A. Abreu,
Andrea C. Lamas, and
Linda J. Young. 2011. Annual Land Utilization Survey (ALUS): Design and methodology,
USDA NASS Research Report, #RDD-11-02, Internally Reviewed.
- Lopiano, Kenneth K., Densie A. Abreu, Andrea C. Lamas, Hailin Sang,
and Linda J Young. 2011. Adjusting the June Area Survey estimate of the number of U.S.
farms for misclassification and non-response. USDA NASS. Research Report, #RDD-11-
04. Internally Reviewed.
- Abreu, Denise A., Andrea C. Lamas, Hailin Sang, Kenneth K. Lopiano,
and Linda J. Young. Adjusting an area frame estimate for misclassification using a list
frame. USDA NASS Research Report, In Review.
JSM Proceeding Papers
- Adjusting an area frame estimate for misclassification using
a list frame, A. Lamas, D. A.
Abreu, H. Sang, P. Arroway, K. K. Lopiano, and L. J. Young, 2011 Proceedings, American
Statistical Association, Alexandria, Virginia.
- Is it feasible to use a sampling list frame to evaluate misclassification
errors on an area-
frame-survey? D. A. Abreu, A. Lamas, H. Sang, K. K. Lopiano, P. Arroway, and L. J.
Young, 2011 Proceedings, American Statistical Association, Alexandria, Virginia.