National Center for Justice and the Rule of Law
Technology Assisted Crimes Against Children: Digital Child Pornography (April 18-19, 2013)
Course Welcome & Introduction - Don Mason
1. Characteristics of Collectors/Offenders / Indicators of Other Offenses - Dr. Sharon W. Cooper, M.D.
2. Dimensions of Child Pornography Victimization - Dr. Sharon W. Cooper, M.D.
3. Evolution of Child Pornography Regulation - Priscilla Grantham
6. Maintaining Wellness for Judges, Jurors, and Other Judicial Staff Exposed to CP - Dr. Jennie Barr, Ph.D. (Sponsored by The Innocent Justice Foundation)
7. Common Fourth Amendment Applicability Issues in Child Pornography Cases - Priscilla Grantham
8. Common Fourth Amendment Satisfaction Issues in Child Pornography Cases - Priscilla Grantham
9a. Selected Litigation and Adjudication Issues - Don Mason
Additional source materials
A. 50 State Stutory Surveys (Thompson Reuters/West October 2012)
B. Clancy, The Fourth Amendment Aspects of Computer Searches and Seizures: APerspective and a Primer, 75 Miss. L.J. 193 (2005)
C. Child Pornography Offenses Are a Valid Diagnostic Indicator of Pedophilia (Ray Blanchard, July 2005)
D. The ‘Butner Study’ Redux: A Report of the Incidence of Hands-On Child Victimization by Child Pornography Offenders (Michael L. Bourke and Andrews E. Hernandez, December 2008)
E. What You Must Know to Help Combat Youth Bullying, Meanness, and Cruelty (danah boyd and John Palfrey, February 2012)
F. Child Molesters: A Behavioral Analysis For Professionals Investigating the Sexual Exploitation of Children (Kenneth V. Lanning, Former Supervisory Special Agent Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Fifth Edition 2010) LINK ONLY:
G. National Plan to Prevent Child Abuse (Developed by the National Coalition to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation)
H. 50 State Statutory Surveys (Thompson Reuters/West, September 2010)
I. 2009-2012 Sexting Legislation (National Conference of State Legislatures, August 2012)
J. Obscenity and Child Pornography as Categories of Unprotected Speech (Thomas K. Clancy, 2011)
K. Viewing Child Pornography (National Center for Prosecution of Child Abuse/National District Attorneys Association, June 2012)
2015 The University of Mississippi.
All rights reserved.
The National Center for Justice and the Rule of Law.