Office: 207 Lewis Hall
Phone: (662) 915-1536
- 1982 - Dr. of Science (Ph. D.) in Physics and Math, Kiev Shevchenko University, Kiev, Ukraine
- 2003 -Present: Professor of Physics, University of Mississippi.
- 2001 – 2003: Visiting Professor of Physics, University of Mississippi.
- 1994 – 2001: Professor and Chair, Dept. of General Physics, KSU, Kiev, Ukraine.
- 1994 – 1997: Soros Professor of Physics, KSU, Kiev, Ukraine.
- 1984 – 1994: Professor, Department of General Physics, KSU, Kiev, Ukraine.
- 1977-1984: Docent/Lecturer, Department of General Physics, KSU, Kiev, Ukraine.
- 2010 Frist Faculty/Staff Service Award, University of Mississippi.
- 2000 Outstanding Scientists of the 20th Century, Biographical Centre, Cambridge, CB2 3QP, England.
- Marquis Who's Who in the U.S.A.; in Science and Engineering; in the World.
- "Soros Professor" award for "outstanding contribution to science education".
- Fulbright grantee, Grant of the United State Government.
- American Physical Society.
- Acoustical Society of America.
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (invited member).
- Member of Editorial Boards for three Scientific Journals.
- Sigma Xi.
- Acoustoelectric properties of Ferroelectric Multidomain Superlattices and their Applications in
Ultrasonics, Medicine and Communications.
- Nonlinear interactions of ultrasound with Solids, with emphasis to the nonlinear acoustoelectric
phenomena in Ferroelectrics, and Acoustical Memory effect.
- Sonoluminescence of crystals (excitation of light by ultrasound in solids).
Dr. Ostrovskii's Home Page