MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL OF ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATORS
1:30 p.m., Monday, January 14, 2002, in Lyceum 200
PRESENT: Dr. Staton, Deans Hopkins, Harvey, Eftink, Chambless, S. Davis, Lee, Wells,
J. Davis, Meador, and Crowe, Dr. Haws, Ms. Roddy, Dr. Fant, Dr. Stocks,
Dr. Miller, Dr. Gates, Dr. Wyandt
ABSENT: Ms. McGraner, Dr. Angle, Dr. Clark
1. Approval of Minutes. Dr. Staton announced that Chancellor Khayat has approved the minutes of the November 12 meeting without exception.
2. Reaction to Undergraduate Council Minutes of November 9. On a motion by Dean Wells and a second by Dean Chambless, the Undergraduate Council Minutes of
November 9 were unanimously accepted.
3. Reaction to Graduate Council Minutes of November 2. On a motion by Dean Wells and a second by Dr. S. Davis, the Graduate Council Minutes of November 2 were unanimously approved, with the exception of item 5.
4. IHL Program Duplications. Dr. Staton distributed a copy of the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning Academic Program Duplication Report. Dr. Staton reported that Dr. Eftink is working on a response for all listed University of Mississippi programs. This response will be submitted to the IHL at the January Board meeting.
5. Items from Dean Wells. Dr. Staton distributed a copy of an e-mail from Dean Wells with two items to be considered:
a. Dean Wells reported discussions with Mr. Clay Jones, Director of Human Resources, concerning the possibility of establishing a small core of secretaries on a permanent basis that could be hired out to schools and departments on a temporary basis. After some discussion, Dr. Staton indicated that she would talk to Mr. Jones about the possibility of establishing such a pool.
b. Dean Wells presented information about new processes to reward productive research faculty at the Medical School. Dr. Staton reported that she would check with Dr. David Dzielak about the details of these plans and report back to the Council of Academic Administrators.
6. Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 2:30 p.m.
Carolyn Ellis Staton, Chair Date
Morris H. Stocks, Secretary Date
APPROVED by Chancellor Khayat on 1/31/02.