MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL OF ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATORS
1:30 p.m., Monday, April 8, 2002, in Lyceum 200
PRESENT: Dr. Staton, Deans Hopkins, Harvey, Eftink, Chambless, S. Davis, Wells, Meador, and Crowe, Dr. Vaughan for Dean Lee, Dr. Tew for Dr. Adler, Dr. Angle, Dr. Stocks, Dr. Clark
ABSENT: Dean Lee, Dean J. Davis, Dr. Adler, Ms. McGraner, Ms. Roddy, Dr. Fant, Dr. Miller, Dr. Gates, Dr. Wyandt
1. Approval of Minutes. Dr. Staton announced that Chancellor Khayat has approved the minutes of the March 4 meeting without exception.
2. Reaction to Undergraduate Council Minutes of March 1. On a motion by Dean Chambless and a second by Dean Harvey, the Undergraduate Council Minutes of March 1 were unanimously accepted. Dean Hopkins suggested that we ask Dr. Charles Gates to provide some procedural guidelines to deal with item number 6. Dr. Stocks indicated that he would write Dr. Gates and ask him to help formulate a procedure.
3. Policy on the Role of Faculty in the Administration of Academic Affairs (see Attachment #1). On a motion by Dean Eftink and a second by Dr. Sam Davis, the Policy on the Role of the Faculty in the Administration of Academic Affairs was approved. Dean Eftink suggested that this policy be placed in the Faculty and Staff Handbook in an appropriate place.
4. NCATE Site Visit. Dean Chambless distributed information concerning the upcoming NCATE accreditation visit for the School of Education and requested that members of the Council make themselves available to the accreditation team at the appropriate time.
5. Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 2 p.m.
APPROVED by Chancellor Khayat on 5/16/02.