1:30 p.m., Monday, December 15, 1997, in the Lyceum Board Room
PRESENT: Dr. Walton, Deans Abadie, Boxx, Dingerson, Chambless, S. Davis, Smith, Roberts, J. Davis, Dr. Green, Mr. Wilkins, Dr. Clark, Ms. Fant, Mr. Woodruff, Dr. Staton, Dr. Eftink, Dr. Oliphant
ABSENT: Dean Meador, Mr. Hammack, Dr. Oliphant
ALSO PRESENT: Dr. John Winkle
1. Approval of Minutes. Dr. Walton announced that the Chancellor had approved the Minutes of the October 6, 1997, meeting without exception.
2. Reaction to the Minutes of the Undergraduate Council of October 10 and December 10. Upon a motion made by Dean Clark, seconded by Dean Jimmy Davis, the minutes of the Undergraduate Council meeting of October 10, 1997, were accepted. The Undergraduate Council Minutes of December 10, 1997, were accepted upon a motion by Dean Abadie, seconded by Dean Boxx.
3. The Croft Institute Curriculum (see Attachment #1). Dr. John Winkle spoke on behalf of the Croft Institute curriculum. The curriculum was approved as part of the December 10 minutes of the Undergraduate Council.
4. ADA Policy (see Attachment #2). Upon a motion by Dean Roberts, seconded by Dean Abadie, the Academic Council deferred decision until revisions have been made regarding the appeal process in the ADA Policy. The Academic Council asked for a revision which indicated one level of appeal, and they further requested that the appeal not be made to the academic deans. In addition, they asked that operating principle number 5 be revised to read as follows: "The University has no obligation unless there is prior disclosure by the student."
5. May Commencement. The Academic Council decided that May Commencement would be held at 10:00 a.m. Accountancy will hold its graduation at 2:30 p.m. in Fulton Chapel, Pharmacy at 1:00 p.m. in Fulton Chapel, Engineering at 2:00 p.m. in the Circle, Liberal Arts at 12:30 p.m. in the Grove, Business at 2:00 p.m. in the Grove, Education at 12:30 p.m. in the Circle.
6. Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 2:45 p.m.
Gerald W. Walton, Chair Date
Carolyn Ellis Staton, Secretary Date
Robert C. Khayat, Chancellor Date