PRESENT: Dr. Staton, Deans Hopkins, Womer, Eftink, Chambless, S. Davis, Lee, Sindelar, J. Davis, and Meador, Dr. Tew, Ms. Morrison, Mr. Rebman, Dr. Angle, Ms. Fant, Dr. Stocks, Dr. Buskes, Mr. Jason Hale for Dr. Gates, Dr. Wyandt
ABSENT: Dr. Borne, Dr. Gates
1. Approval of Minutes. Dr. Staton announced that Chancellor Khayat has approved the minutes of the November 13 meeting without exception.
2. Correction of Graduate Council Minutes of October 20. Dr. Eftink announced a correction to item 2 of the Graduate Council Minutes of October 20. Item 2 now reads: "Drs. Sullivan and Rock spoke to the Council concerning the request by the School of Education to reopen admission to the Secondary emphasis area under the Ph.D. degree program in Education, and on a motion by Chitwood, seconded by Satumba, the request was approved."
3. Reaction to Undergraduate Council Minutes of December 1. On a motion by Dean Chambless and a second by Carl Rebman, the Undergraduate Council Minutes of December 1 were unanimously accepted.
4. Proposed Post-Tenure Review Plan (see Attachment #1). Dr. Staton reported that she had been asked to bring the University's proposed Post-Tenure Review Plan to the IHL Board meeting in January. The Council discussed the proposed policy at length with numerous suggestions for changes. Dean Chambless moved (amended by Dean Eftink) that the Council approve the document as it is currently written with the knowledge that it is a document in process and that Dr. Staton will appoint a committee of deans and Faculty Senate representatives to continue to review and revise the document. The motion was seconded by Carl Rebman and passed by the Council.
5. Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 2:30 p.m.
Carolyn Ellis Staton, Chair Date
Morris H. Stocks, Secretary Date
APPROVED by Chancellor Khayat on February 5, 2001.