MINUTES OF THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL
1:30 p.m., Monday, January 27, 1997, in the Board Room of the Lyceum
PRESENT: Dr. Walton, Deans Abadie, Boxx, Chambless, Smith, Roberts, Davis, Dr. Judy Cole for Dean Dingerson, Dr. Gilbert, Mr. Stricker, Dr. Clark, Mr. Posey,
ABSENT: Dean Dingerson, Dean Champion, Dean Meador, Mr. Blazakis
ALSO PRESENT: Dr. Bill Oliphant, Dr. Gloria Kellum, Dr. Brian Reithel
1. Faculty Scholarly Exhibits. Dr. Gloria Kellum and Dr. Brian Reithel spoke about the
Sesquicentennial Faculty Scholarly Exhibit which will be held in the Library on a rotating basis. They
asked for the support of the deans.
2. Reaction to the Minutes of the Undergraduate Council of November 1. Upon a
motion made by Dean Roberts, seconded by Dean Davis, the minutes of the Undergraduate Council
meeting of November 1, 1996, were approved.
3. Reaction to the Minutes of the Undergraduate Council of November 26. Upon a
motion by Dean Roberts, seconded by Dean Boxx, the Undergraduate Council minutes of November 26,
1996, were approved.
4. Faculty Senate. Dr. Faye Gilbert gave a status report of the Faculty Senate.
5. IHL Program Review. Dr. Walton informed the Academic Council that Dr. Charles
Pickett and the IHL staff would be here to conduct a program review on March 7, 1997.
6. Friday Classes. It was decided that classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
afternoon would be in 50 minute blocks up to 4:00 p.m. Beginning at 4:00 p.m. classes of varied time
periods could meet.
7. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 3:00 p.m.
Gerald W. Walton, Chair Date
Carolyn Ellis Staton, Secretary Date
Robert C. Khayat, Chancellor Date