1:30 p.m., Monday, March 2, 1998, in the Lyceum Board Room
PRESENT: Dr. Walton, Deans Abadie, Boxx, Eftink, Chambless, S. Davis, Smith, Dr. Wilson for Roberts, J. Davis, Meador, Dr. Green, Mr. Hammack, Dr. Clark, Ms. Brown for Ms. Fant, Dr. Staton, Dr. Oliphant, Dr. Borne
ABSENT: Dean Roberts, Mr. Wilkins, Ms. Fant
1. Reaction to the Minutes of the Undergraduate Council of February 13, 1998. Upon a motion made by Dean Boxx, seconded by Dean Abadie, the minutes of the Undergraduate Council meeting of February 13, 1998, were approved.
2. Approval of 1998 Taylor Medalists (See Attachment #1). The Taylor Medal awardees were approved upon a motion by Dean Allie Smith, seconded by Dr. Marvin Wilson. Motion was made by Dean Chambless, seconded by Dean Allie Smith, to put Taylor Medal designations on recipientsí transcripts. Motion was approved.
3. Reaction to the Minutes of the Graduate Council of February 6, 1998. Minutes of the Graduate Council of February 6, 1998, were approved upon a motion by Dean Chambless, seconded by Dean Boxx. Dr. Eftink will see that the typographical errors are corrected.
4. Attachments for Graduate Council Minutes of January 16, 1998. Dr. Walton distributed the attachments which should have accompanied the Graduate Council Minutes of January 16, 1998. The minutes of that meeting were previously approved.
5. Teacher Evaluations. Dr. Walton explained that the ASB and Academic Council are both interested in revising the teacher evaluations. Dr. Walton was charged with composing a committee of students and faculty for this purpose.
6. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 2:25 p.m.
Gerald W. Walton, Chair Date
Carolyn Ellis Staton, Secretary Date
Robert C. Khayat, Chancellor Date