MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL OF ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATORS
1:30 p.m., Monday, March 4, 2002, in Lyceum 200
PRESENT: Deans Hopkins, Harvey, Eftink, S. Davis, Lee, J. Davis, Meador, and Crowe,
Dr. Anderson for Dean Chambless, Dr. Hufford for Dean Wells, Dr. Overby for
Dr. Adler, Ms. Roddy, Dr. Angle, Dr. Fant, Dr. Stocks, Dr. Clark, Dr. Miller,
ABSENT: Dr. Staton, Dean Chambless, Dean Wells, Dr. Adler, Ms. McGraner, Dr. Wyandt
ALSO PRESENT: Dr. Judith Cole
1. Approval of Minutes. Dr. Eftink announced that Chancellor Khayat has approved the minutes of the February 11 meeting without exception.
2. Reaction to Undergraduate Council Minutes of February 8. On a motion by Dean S. Davis and a second by Dr. J. Davis, the Undergraduate Council Minutes of February 8 were unanimously accepted.
3. Reaction to Graduate Council Minutes of February 1. On a motion by Dean Hopkins and a second by Dean S. Davis, the Graduate Council Minutes of February 1 were unanimously accepted.
4. Taylor Medal Recommendations (see Attachment #1). On a motion by Dean J. Davis and a second by Dean Hopkins, the Taylor Medal recommendations were unanimously approved.
5. Faculty Senate Document Concerning Selection and Appointment of Academic Administrators (see Attachment #2). Dr. Marvin Overby summarized the Faculty Senate document with background and details. Dr. Eftink requested a motion and second so that the document could be discussed. The proposal failed for lack of a motion.
6. Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 2 p.m.
Carolyn Ellis Staton, Chair Date
Morris H. Stocks, Secretary Date
APPROVED by Chancellor Khayat on April 2, 2002.