MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL OF ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATORS
1:30 p.m., Monday, November 15, 1999, in the Martindale Board
PRESENT: Dr. Staton, Deans Hopkins, Womer, Eftink, Chambless, Smith, Roberts, J. Davis, Meador, and Dr. Cox-McCarty (for Dean S. Davis), Dr. Tew (for the Faculty Senate and the Undergraduate Council), Ms. Elise Marshall (for the ASB), Dr. Clark, Ms. Fant, Dr. Stocks, Dr. Buskes, and Dr. Gates
ABSENT: Dean S. Davis, Dr. Laurenzo, Mr.
Rebman, Dr. Borne, Dr. Wyandt
1. Approval of Minutes. Dr. Staton announced that Chancellor Khayat has approved the minutes of the October 11, 1999, meeting without exception.
2. Reaction to Undergraduate Council Minutes of October 1. On a motion by Dean Chambless and seconded by Dean Roberts, the October 1 Minutes of the Undergraduate Council were unanimously accepted.
3. Reaction to Graduate Council Minutes of September 17 and October 15. On a motion by Dean Roberts and seconded by Dean Chambless, the September 17 Minutes of the Graduate Council were unanimously approved. On a motion by Dean Chambless and seconded by Dean Roberts, the October 15 Minutes of the Graduate Council were unanimously accepted.
4. Reconsideration of External Academic Affairs Committee Minutes of August 24. This item was tabled until Dr. Staton can meet with Faculty Senate to develop a new charge for the External Academic Affairs Committee.
5. Post-Tenure Review. Dr. Staton reported that the IHL has requested that each institution provide input for a post-tenure review process. Dr. Staton has asked the Faculty Senate to consider post-tenure review and has appointed an ad hoc brainstorming committee with faculty and administrators to discuss this issue.
6. Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 2:30
Carolyn Ellis Staton, Chair Date
Morris H. Stocks, Secretary Date
Robert C. Khayat, Chancellor Date