MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL OF ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATORS
1:30 p.m., Monday, October 9, 2000, in the Martindale Board Room
PRESENT: Dr. Staton, Deans Hopkins, Womer, S. Davis, Vaughan, Sindelar,
Meador, and Clark, Dr. Don Cole for Dean Eftink, Dr. Love for Dean Chambless,
Dr. Raber for Dr. Tew, Mr. Rebman, Ms. Fant, Dr. Stocks, Ms. McCarver for Dr.
ABSENT: Dean Eftink, Dean Chambless, Dean J. Davis, Dr. Tew, Ms. Morrison, Dr. Borne, Dr. Buskes, Dr. Gates, Dr. Wyandt
1. Approval of Minutes. Dr. Staton announced that Chancellor
Khayat has approved the minutes of the September 11 meeting without exception.
2. Reaction to Undergraduate Council Minutes of September 8.
On a motion by Dean Sam Davis and a second by Dean Vaughan, the minutes of the
Undergraduate Council for September 8 were unanimously accepted.
3. Reaction to Graduate Council Minutes of July 21. On a
motion by Dr. Cole and a second by Mr. Rebman, the minutes of the Graduate Council
for July 21 were unanimously accepted.
4. Proposal for Establishment of School of Health Sciences and Professional
Studies (Attachment #1). The Council agreed to defer discussion of
the proposed new school until the recommendations of the Undergraduate Council
and the Graduate Council were forwarded to the Council of Academic Administrators.
5. Other Items.
6. Adjournment. After announcements and reports by members, the Council adjourned at 2:15 p.m.
Carolyn Ellis Staton, Chair Date
Morris H. Stocks, Secretary Date
APPROVED by Chancellor Khayat on 11/1/00