MINUTES OF THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL
1:30 p.m., Monday, October 5, 1998, in the Lyceum Board Room
PRESENT: Dr. Walton, Deans Hopkins, Boxx, Chambless, Ms. Cox-McCarty for S. Davis, Smith, Roberts, J. Davis, Meador, Dr. Williamson, Dr. Clark, Dr. Staton, Dr. Borne
ABSENT: Dean Eftink, Dean S. Davis, Mr. Hammack, Mr. Rebman, Ms. Fant, Dr. Oliphant
1. Approval of Minutes. Dr. Walton announced that the Chancellor had approved the Minutes of the July 20 and August 24, 1998, meetings without exception.
2. Presentation on Career Center. Dr. Steve Stricker and Ms. Cassandra Latimer of the Career Services Office gave a presentation about the services that their office renders to students.
3. Reaction to the Minutes of the Undergraduate Council of August 28, 1998. The minutes of the Undergraduate Council meeting of August 28, 1998, were approved upon a motion by Dean Roberts, seconded by Dean Chambless.
4. Recommendation from Committee Appointed to Study the 2.00 Grade Point Average Required to Graduate. Dr. Walton led a discussion of Dr. Hopkins' memo concerning the 2.0 GPA overall requirement and transfer students. There will be a later discussion of this memo.
5. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 2:10 p.m.
Gerald W. Walton, Chair Date
Carolyn Ellis Staton, Secretary Date