MINUTES OF THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL
2:30 p.m., Monday, September 23, 1996, in the Board Room of the Lyceum
PRESENT: Dr. Walton, Deans Abadie, Boxx, Dingerson, Chambless, Roberts, Meador,
Dr. Bush for Dr. Champion, Dr. Vaughan for Dean Smith, Dr. Flesher for Dean
Davis, Dr. Gilbert, Mr. Blazakis, Mr. Stricker, Dr. Clark, Mr. Posey, Dr. Staton
ABSENT: Dean Champion, Dean Smith, Dean Davis
ALSO PRESENT: Ms. Bonnie Krause, Dr. Bill Oliphant, Dr. Jeanette Phillips,
Dr. Jim Sabatier, Dr. Gay Hatfield, Dr. Jan Hawks, Mr. Jack Adams
1. Approval of Minutes. Dr. Walton announced that Chancellor Khayat has
approved the minutes of the July 1 and July 22 meetings without exception.
2. Reaction to Graduate Council Minutes of June 18, 1996. Upon a motion by
Dr. Dingerson, seconded by Dr. Boxx, the minutes of the Graduate Council of June 18, 1996,
3. Faculty Senate Report. Dr. Faye Gilbert, Chair of the Faculty Senate, gave a
4. Maximum Number of Hours a Student Can Take in a Semester. Dale Abadie
spoke about limiting the number of hours a student can take in a semester, and he asked that this
be discussed at a later date.
5. Adjournment. The meeting adjourned at 2:40 p.m.
Gerald W. Walton, Chair Date
Carolyn Ellis Staton, Secretary Date
Robert C. Khayat, Chancellor Date