Declaration of Closure
- In the event a natural or man-made disaster, emergency or a special circumstance occurs or is expected to affect the University, the Chancellor or his designee will make the decision about closing the University.
Declared Emergency By The University Administration
- Closure of the University will be communicated to the faculty, staff, students, and others in one or more of the following ways:
- Announcement made on campus and commercial radio and television stations
- Campus notification system – Reverse 911 - selected telephones.
- Channel 69 (Campus Cable Television System)
- EAS – Emergency Alert System – all televisions on campus interrupted for announcements
- E-mail to faculty, staff, and students.
- Emergency sirens with public address capability
- Information by calling 915-1040.
- Information on the Ole Miss home web page.
- Loudspeakers on University Police vehicles
- Text Messaging to cellular telephones
- Voice Mail to administrative and academic telephones
- Web page – emergency.olemiss.edu
If officially closed, check one or more of the above means daily for the status of the University.
- On-campus -
- Phone: 1040
- Cable TV: Channel 69
- Off-campus -
- Phone: (662) 915-1040
- Oxford Cable TV: Channel 99