Evacuation of A Building
NOTE: The type, severity, reactions, and impact of an incident are not always the same. The information provided below is some suggested actions to take. This may or may not be everything you should or should not do as your actions may vary depending on the incident.
- Familiarize yourself with the evacuation routes posted in the building.
- Select the route closest to your office or where you spend most of your time.
- The building mayor should designate a safe area away from your building for faculty, staff, and students to meet if the building has to be evacuated. Also, please designate a person or persons to be responsible for keeping a record of who has not come to the designated area and reporting their names to the nearest emergency personnel.
BEGINNING OR DURING
- Move in an orderly fashion to the nearest exit and exit from the building.
- Stay calm.
- Go to a designated spot outside the building and remain there until further notice.
Wait until permission has been received to reenter the building.
- On-campus -
- Phone: 1040
- Cable TV: Channel 69
- Off-campus -
- Phone: (662) 915-1040
- Oxford Cable TV: Channel 99