NOTE: The type, severity, reactions, and impact of an incident are not always the same. The information provided below is some suggested actions to take. This may or may not be everything you should or should not do as your actions may vary depending on the incident.
BEGINNING OR DURING
- Notify UPD (4911) of situation and provide as many details as possible - number of persons involved, description, type of weapons displayed, etc.
- Remain calm, but do what you are told without argument.
- Do not attempt to negotiate or argue with hostage taker.
- Encourage others to remain calm. Tell them to do what they are told.
- Position yourself where you will not interfere with any attempts to remove the hostage taker by force by the authorities.
Write down details of event and give to UPD
- On-campus -
- Phone: 1040
- Cable TV: Channel 69
- Off-campus -
- Phone: (662) 915-1040
- Oxford Cable TV: Channel 99