The master plan establishes a vision for a vibrant, attractive campus setting. The vision is rooted in the unique history and traditions of the university, the academic and research mission, the goals and aspirations of the campus community, and opportunities for the future. The vision is further informed by the goals set forth for the master plan.
- Enhance and expand the positive qualities of the campus defined by the historic core
- Create an environment that supports the culture and traditions of campus
- Ensure the highest and best use of the campus land
- Create a campus-life experience that reinforces the learning-community concept
- Provide a framework for future building placement
- Create a pedestrian-focused campus environment
- Streamline the circulation and parking to reduce vehicular conflicts