The University of Mississippi Faculty Senate /or the University of Mississippi Staff Council is resolved to the following things:
1) to express the concern felt by many of the employees of the Universityof Mississippi about the decision of the Office of Insurance in the Department of Finance and Administration and the Health Insurance Management Board to eliminate the election of network choices in the State and Public School Employees' Health Insurance Plan,
2) to express the employees' concern about the decision by those groups to make AHS, Inc., the sole network for all State and Public School employees in the state of Mississippi,
3) to request that the Office of Insurance in the Department of Finance andAdministration make available immediately a list of all Physicians, Physician Groups and other Health Care Providers that are included in the AHS State Network on their web page and to continue to update that list,
4) to request the Office of Insurance in the Department of Finance andAdministration and the Health Insurance Management Board to urge AHS in to address the concerns raised by health care providers from previous networks who have not agreed to participate in AHS and to redouble their efforts to add providers in areas where participation by health care providers is currently lower than the combined participation of providers in all the previous networks; and also to make all reasonable efforts to include in the network a large number of Shelby County, Tennessee, physicians, specialists in particular,
5) to request the Office of Insurance in the Department of Finance andAdministration and the Health Insurance Management Board to urge AHS and the Physicians, Physician Groups and other health care providers to work together to resolve any differences quickly. This would insure that all State and Public School Employees in Mississippi have a respresentative number of health care providers,
6) to send this resolution to all members the Health Insurance Management Board, to Therese Hanna, Director of the Office of Insurance in the Department of Finance and Administration, and to all members of the Mississippi Legislature.