The National Association of Sigma Users offers member institution staff the opportunity to share knowledge and ask questions via the Internet with other Sigma users. The answers to your most baffling software and processing challenges can be as close as your computer Email system.
NASU-l is a national listserver provided by Michigan State University to the NASU membership. When you subscribe, a copy of every message sent by your colleagues comes to your electronic mailbox automatically. You also have posting priveleges so you can respond to others' questions or pose your own. To subscribe, you must work at a NASU member institution. Send an Email request to Amy Arnold-Garcia at Grossm11@msu.edu. Please give your name, Email address, and your institutional affiliation. Our current membership is over 200 subscribers. Please join us.
NASU-L EMAIL INSTRUCTIONS
To send a message to all who are currently subscribed to the list, in the TO space enter email@example.com.
To alter your personal configuration (unsubscribe, turn mail off or on temporarily, etc.), in the TO space enter firstname.lastname@example.org
The difference between these two addresses is that the NASU-L address sends a copy of whatever you type to every subscriber. The LISTSERV address sends a copy to Michigan State University (the host site) telling the computer how to process messages for you.
The following are other features of the LISTSERV address. When sending commands to this address, leave the subject line blank. The command goes in the body of the email. Be sure to delete any signature files your email program may add as these will not be understood.
- To leave the list permanently, send: SIGNOFF NASU-L
- To leave the list for a short period of time (conference, vacation), send: SET NASU-L NOMAIL
- To resume getting mail after returning, send: SET NASU-L MAIL
- To receive a copy of all messages you send to NASU-L, send: SET NASU-L REPRO
- If you don't want a copy of your own message, but would like an acknowledgment that the message was received, send: SET NASU-L ACK NOREPRO
- To turn off both the message and the acknowledgment, send: SET NASU-L NOACK NOREPRO
- To get a daily summary of messages instead of receiving each message individually, send: SET NASU-L DIGEST
- For more information about options, send: QUERY NASU-L
- Messages sent to the list are automatically archived. To get a list of the avaliable archive files, send: INDEX NASU-L F=MAIL
- To retrieve an archived file, send: GET NASU-L LOGxxx (where the xxx is the number of the file you want)