Sustainability Leadership Awards 2012
New for 2012, Award Guidelines and Eligibility
New for 2012
Awards will be no longer be determined by category. The selection committee will choose the top three nominations, regardless of which categories the nominations come from. However, all nominees will be recognized during the ceremony.
Also, during the Award Ceremony, we would like to show a slideshow of nominees. We are asking for nominators or nominees to submit pictures for the slideshow. Pictures (no more than 4 please) may be emailed to email@example.com.
A panel of evaluators, made up of previous SLA winners, university and city employees, will look for individuals or organizations that have exemplified the principles of sustainability in a positive way that support environmental integrity, economic development and a vibrant community.
Before completing a nomination form, please review the following guidelines. Not every criterion will be applicable to every nominee. Due to the wide variety of contributions that could be relevant, a project or contribution does not have to meet all of the criteria listed. Some of the characteristics that the panelists will be looking for include:
- Promotes sustainability principles through education, research, or by practice.
- Inspires fellow students, co-workers, or others to participate in sustainable behaviors.
- Contributes in a significant way to sustainability in the UM and/or Oxford community.
- Creates a work environment that incorporates sustainable practices (e.g. waste reduction, recycling, energy conservation, etc.).
- Works to impact the local community through volunteer service addressing environmental and/or social issues.
- Exemplifies collaborative efforts among community partners, campus departments, disciplines, and/or a diverse group of individuals.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Businesses, schools, nonprofit organizations, community organizations and individuals can nominate themselves or be nominated by another party.
- Nominees must be located in Lafayette County or must have completed a project in Lafayette County.
- Nominations should describe projects or initiatives in progress or completed in 2011 or 2012.
- Nominations should address how the individual or organization meets some of the criteria outlined above.
Nomination forms must be submitted by Monday, April 9, 2012, close of business.