I can connect to the UM Wi-Fi network (OleMiss), but the wireless access page will not come up. Can you help?
1. Clear cookies and cache in your web browser and try again.
2. Try a different browser.
If you are still having issues, contact the IT Helpdesk at 662-915-5222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A visitor in our office needs to connect to the Wi-Fi network. What can I do?
The guest wireless services web site allows WebID users to sponsor temporary UM Wi-Fi accounts for guests. Using the guest's email address, sponsors can create an account and send the auto-generated password to the guest via text message.
Please Note: Guests are bound by the Appropriate Use Policy and sponsors are responsible for their online activities.
I have a specialty or gaming device. I need to identify the MAC address in order to register the device on the UM Wi-Fi network. Where can I locate my device's MAC address?
Below are instructions for finding the MAC address for various devices.
Amazon Kindle (non-android)
- From the home screen, tap Menu, and then Settings.
- The MAC address will appear in the "Device Info" section near the bottom of the screen.
Barnes and Noble Nook (Black and White)
- Press the physical "n" button under the screen of the Nook.
- Select the Settings icon.
- The MAC address is at the bottom of this screen.
Barnes and Noble Nook (Color)
- Tap the arrow on the bottom of the screen.
- Select Settings, it is a cog on the right of the menu.
- Select Device Information.
- Select "About Your Nook Color".
- The MAC address is on this screen.
- Go to My Xbox in the Xbox Dashboard and select System Settings.
- Click Network Settings, Configure Network.
- Select Advanced Settings from the Additional Settings tab, then select Alternate Mac Address.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC.
To locate the MAC Address of your Xbox One console:
- Navigate to My Games and Apps
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- The MAC Addresses for the wired and wireless adapters should be displayed.
We recommend using the Wii on a wired network connection. Please consider purchasing a Nintendo Wii USB Enabled Lan Adapter.
- On your Wii U, go to System Settings.
- Tap on the Internet settings button.
- Next, select the View MAC Address option.
- You should now see your Wii U’s MAC address.
Sony Playstation 3 and Playstation Portable (PSP)
- From the Main Menu, select Settings > System Settings.
- Select System Information.
- This screen will display your MAC address.
- Start up your PlayStation 3 without a disk in the drive.
- Find the System Settings icon and select the X.
- Click System Information and press the X.
- Your Mac Address will display.
- On the main menu for the PS4, scroll over to the Settings tab located on the right.
- Scroll down until you see Network.
- Click on View Connection Status.
- Write down your MAC Address (Wi-Fi)
How do I connect to UM Wi-Fi? On my phone, I see OleMiss, OleMiss_v2 and EDUROAM.
For faculty, staff and students on our campuses, we recommend OleMiss_v2. It is our advanced wireless access solution that was released in summer 2013. You can read more about v2 and the initial setup at wireless.olemiss.edu.
When visiting another university, Eduroam is a service that provides wifi access via your existing UM WebID and password at other participating universities worldwide.
How do I report a broken network/ethernet plug in my room?
Visit studenthousing.olemiss.edu to complete a Maintenance Request to Housing?
How do I connect my specialty/gaming devices to WiFi?
Visit wifi.olemiss.edu/macauth.html for more information.