Additional Compensation (Form 40)
The following situations are appropriate for additional pay via a Form 40:
- Faculty teaching courses considered an overload.
- Staff (Salaried and Exempt) teaching courses: If courses are taught during the 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM workday, personal leave of 35 hours per 3-hour credit course taught will be deducted. A 1-hour credit course or a course taught one night a week will have the personal leave of 35 hours prorated.
- Additional duties outside of the normal scope of their job description assigned to a faculty or staff member in a department.
- Teaching Winter and May Intersession, Summer Session, and August Intersession.
- Work performed by a current University employee in a department outside of their home department. Completion of a Form 17 (paper form) is required prior to work being performed.
Any questions can be directed to Judy Hopper, Senior Human Resources Generalist at email@example.com or (662) 915-5430.