I can connect to the UM Wi-Fi network (OleMiss), but the wireless access page will not come up. Can you help?
1. Clear cookies and cache in your web browser and try again.
2. Try a different browser.
If you are still having issues, contact the IT Helpdesk at 662-915-5222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A visitor in our office needs to connect to the Wi-Fi network. What can I do?
The guest wireless services web site allows WebID users to sponsor temporary UM Wi-Fi accounts for guests. Using the guest's email address, sponsors can create an account and send the auto-generated password to the guest via text message.
Please Note: Guests are bound by the Appropriate Use Policy and sponsors are responsible for their online activities.
I have a specialty or gaming device. I need to identify the MAC address in order to register the device on the UM Wi-Fi network. Where can I locate my device's MAC address?
Below are instructions for finding the MAC address for various devices.
Amazon Kindle (non-android)
- From the home screen, tap Menu, and then Settings.
- The MAC address will appear in the "Device Info" section near the bottom of the screen.
Barnes and Noble Nook (Black and White)
- Press the physical "n" button under the screen of the Nook.
- Select the Settings icon.
- The MAC address is at the bottom of this screen.
Barnes and Noble Nook (Color)
- Tap the arrow on the bottom of the screen.
- Select Settings, it is a cog on the right of the menu.
- Select Device Information.
- Select "About Your Nook Color".
- The MAC address is on this screen.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, select Main Menu > Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- The MAC address is displayed in the lower right hand corner of this screen.
Microsoft XBOX 360
- From the XBox Dashboard, select System > Network Settings > Wireless Network.
- Select Configure Network > Additional Settings > Advanced Settings.
- The MAC address is displayed on this screen.
We recommend using the Wii on a wired network connection. Please consider purchasing a Nintendo Wii USB Enabled Lan Adapter.
Sony Playstation 2 - original
- If you've added a network port, you'll need the "Network Startup Disc" or "Network Access Disc" to find the MAC address.
- Turn on the console with the disc in the disc tray.
- When the connection testing fails, press the Select button on the controller for help.
- The MAC address should be displayed in a Help prompt.
Sony Playstation 2 - slimline
- Turn on the console without a disc in the drive.
- From the Main Menu, press the Triangle button to display the System Information screen.
- The MAC address will be displayed on this screen.
Sony Playstation 3 and Playstation Portable (PSP)
- From the Main Menu, select Settings > System Settings.
- Select System Information.
- This screen will display your MAC address.
How do I connect to UM Wi-Fi? On my phone, I see OleMiss, OleMiss_v2 and EDUROAM.
For faculty, staff and students on our campuses, we recommend OleMiss_v2. It is our advanced wireless access solution that was released in summer 2013. You can read more about v2 and the initial setup at wireless.olemiss.edu.
When visiting another university, Eduroam is a service that provides wifi access via your existing UM WebID and password at other participating universities worldwide.
How do I report a broken network/ethernet plug in my room?
Visit studenthousing.olemiss.edu to complete a Maintenance Request to Housing?
How do I connect my specialty/gaming devices to WiFi?
Visit wifi.olemiss.edu/macauth.html for more information.