- Download iTunes (Windows/Mac) - Free
- Public Site - Provides access to all public content.
- Course Site - Log in through Blackboard, and access the iTunes U link that your instructor has provided from within your Blackboard course. This will give you access to restricted content that is only available to students in your course.
- Admin Site - A site admin can use this link along with their WebID and password to gain edit access to their public site in iTunes U.
1. Create Content Space in iTunes U
Course Space - Restricted Access
- Faculty and staff can, through Blackboard, set up a private iTunes U page for their course. This private area will be available only to the students enrolled in the Blackboard course.
Public Space - Open Access
- Faculty and staff can request to have a public space created for their department, center, organization, etc. on iTunes U. This public area will be available to anyone with internet access.
Once you have space on iTunes U, you have a few options to customize the course:
2. Record Your Podcast
Your podcast may be recorded in a variety of ways.
- Record at your own computer using a microphone and sound recording program, such as Audacity or Garageband.
- Check out a portable podcast recorder from IT Media.
3. Post Production
After recording, you may want to do some editing to your podcast file. The following programs are recommended:
- Audacity (Windows/Mac) - Open-source and free
- Garageband (Mac) - Part of the iLife suite - Free with all new macs
Make sure that when you output your final podcast file that it is in one of the supported formats: