College Corps Recruiting for 2012-2013
Do you want to provide a valuable service to your community?
Would you like some money for college while doing so?
UM College Corps is a powerful team of student leaders united in service to the Oxford and Lafayette County community. College Corps participants work throughout the academic year with various community partner organizations addressing needs in the areas of education and opportunity. Members and community partners combine their efforts to achieve goals:
- To increase the number of K-12 students who start and complete participation in existing tutoring and enrichment programs
- To increase the number of unduplicated individuals transitioned to greater self-sufficiency.
Qualifications for Service
- Enrollment in a College of Liberal Arts program
- Demonstrated commitment to community service and civic engagement
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to perform at least 300 service hours over the academic year
Benefits of Service
- An education award of over $1,100
- Access to a network of AmeriCorps alumni
- Opportunities for professional development throughout your term of service
- Positive attention from potential graduate schools and employers
To apply for the UM College Corps, please download and complete the online application form and deliver it to UM College Corps, Hume Hall 231, University, MS 38677.
Questions should be directed to the College Corps Coordinator Sharon Levine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for Fall 2012 enrollment, you must have your application submitted by April 2, 2012. If your qualifications meet the preliminary criteria for UM College Corps membership, you will be contacted for a personal interview.