- The Music Building
- Nutt Auditorium
- Ford Center for the Performing Arts
- Paris-Yates Chapel
- Blues Archive
Since fall 2005 the Department of Music has been housed at a single site, the Music Building (previously University High School and the School of Education). Located on the east side of campus, across the street from the Gertrude Castellow Ford Center for the Performing Arts, the music building holds department offices, classrooms, faculty studios, music technology lab, band and choral rehearsal halls, and the David H. Nutt Auditorium
The thoroughly renovated David H. Nutt Auditorium, is used for student and faculty recitals. Our former department headquarters, Meek Hall, contains the newly renovated Meek Auditorium, used for opera productions.
Major musical and theatrical events, including the University Artist Series, are held in the 1160-seat performance hall of the Gertrude Castellow Ford Performing Arts Center, completed in 2002 and located at the eastern end of the Oxford Campus.
The Paris-Yates Chapel, completed in 2001 with private funding by the Paris family of Indianola and other donors, seats about 200 persons, and contains a classic two-manual pipe organ of traditional design by Canadian organ-builder Karl Wilhelm. Adjoining the chapel is the bell tower donated by Marge and Frank Peddle of Oxford, containing a carillon of thirty-six bells from the Petit and Fritsen foundry in the Netherlands.
The music library, which contains scores, recordings, videos, and computer software as well as reference books and periodicals, is currently housed with the John D. Williams Library. The University of Mississippi Blues Archive is housed in the library's department of Archives and Special Collections.