- The Inaugural Papers of Governor William F. Winter, edited by Charlotte
Capers (Mississippi Department of Archives and History).
- This Ravished Rose, a romance novel by Anne
Carsley (Pocket Books).
- The Pocket Guide to Wine, by Barbara
- Ray, a novel by Barry Hannah
- Sweet and Deadly, by Charlaine
- Grow Healthy Kids!: A Parents
Guide to Sound Nutrition, by Linda
Peavy and Andrea Pagenkopf (Grosset & Dunlap).
- The Second Coming, a novel by Walker
Percy (Farrar, Straus).
- Lighting the Furnace Pilot, poems by Paul
Ruffin (Spoon River Poetry Press)
- In All This Rain, poems by John
Stone (Louisiana State University Press).
- The Collected Stories of Eudora Welty
- A Lovely Sunday for Creve Coeur, a play by Tennessee
Williams (New Directions).
- Steps Must Be Gentle, a play by Tennessee
- Baptized in Blood: The Religion of the Lost Cause, 1868-1920, by
Charles Reagan Wilson
(University of Georgia Press).
Beth Henley's play The Miss Firecracker Contest premieres in Los Angeles at the Victory Theater. Later that year it is produced off-Broadway in New York at the Manhattan Theatre Club.
Tennessee Williams's plays A House Not Meant to Stand and Something Cloudy, Something Clear are produced in Chicago and off-Broadway, respectively.
Eudora Welty receives a National Medal for Literature and a Presidential Medal for Freedom.
About This Site | New Book Info |
News & Events |
Literary Landmarks |
Mississippi Literary History |
Mississippi Publishing |
Other Features |
Other Web Resources
by author |
by title |
by place |
by year |
SEARCH THE MISSISSIPPI WRITERS PAGE
UM Home Page |
English Department |
Center for the Study of Southern Culture |
The University of Mississippi Foundation
This page has been accessed
4308 times. About
this page counter.
Last Revised on
Friday, October 19, 2007, at 03:36:24 PM CDT
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Design by John B. Padgett.
The University of Mississippi English Department.