- Comrades, Brothers, Fathers, Heroes, Brothers, Sons, Pals, by Stephen
E. Ambrose (Simon & Schuster).
- Double Down: Reflections on Gambling and Loss, nonfiction by Frederick
Barthelme and Steven
Barthelme (Houghton Mifflin).
- trip, text by Frederick
Barthelme, photographs by Susan Lipper (powerHouse).
- Brown Dog of the Yaak: Essays in Art and Activism, by Rick
- Of Home and Family: Art in Nineteenth Century Mississippi, by Patti
Carr Black (Mississippi Museum of Art).
- The Southern Writers Quiz Book, by Patti
Carr Black (University Press of Mississippi).
- The Peddlers Grandson: Growing Up Jewish in Mississippi, by
Edward Cohen (University
Press of Mississippi).
- Outside Chance, by Louisa
Dixon (Genesis Press).
- Watch Me Fly: What I Learned on the Way to Becoming the Woman I Was Meant
to Be, by Myrlie Evers-Williams
and Melinda Blau (Little, Brown).
- The Testament, by John
- Them Bones, by Carolyn
- Familiar Valentine, by Caroline Burnes (Carolyn
- Familiar Christmas, by Caroline Burnes (Carolyn
- A Fool and His Honey, by Charlaine
Harris (St. Martins).
- Hannibal, by Thomas
Harris (Delacorte Press).
- The Quiet Game, by Greg
- A Calculus of Angels, a novel by J.
Gregory Keyes (Del Rey).
- The Ties That Bind: Timeless Values for African American Families,
by Joyce A. Ladner (John
Wiley & Sons).
- My Cat Spit McGee, by Willie
Morris (Random House).
- Frontier Children, by Linda
Peavy and Ursula Smith (University of Oklahoma Press).
- The Supreme Court under Edward
Douglass White, 1910-1921, by Walter
F. Pratt, Jr. (University of South Carolina Press).
- Pilgrims: Sinners, Saints, and
Prophets, by Marty
Stuart (Rutledge Hill Press).
- Little Cliff and the Porch People,
by Clifton L. Taulbert
(Dial Books for Young Readers).
- Enemy Within, by Phillip
Thompson (Salvo Press).
- Clifford's Blues, a novel by John
Alfred Williams (Coffeehouse).
- Embryo, by Charles
Wilson (St. Martin's).
- Donor, by Charles
Wilson (St. Martin's).
For additional titles and more information on the above titles, go to the
Book News title list for 1999.
August 2: Willie
Morris dies of a heart attack in Jackson, Mississippi.
September 21: Neil
McGaughey dies in Prentiss, Mississippi.
About This Site | New Book Info |
News & Events |
Literary Landmarks |
Mississippi Literary History |
Mississippi Publishing |
Other Features |
Other Web Resources
by author |
by title |
by place |
by year |
SEARCH THE MISSISSIPPI WRITERS PAGE
UM Home Page |
English Department |
Center for the Study of Southern Culture |
The University of Mississippi Foundation
This page has been accessed
[Timeout locking counter file] times. About
this page counter.
Last Revised on
Friday, October 19, 2007, at 03:36:26 PM CDT
Send comments to email@example.com
Web Design by John B. Padgett.
The University of Mississippi English Department.