Special Parking Accommodations
You must order your 2013-14 parking hangtag online. It will be delivered to your address on record with the university. Register your vehicle online beginning July 1.
- To park in ADA designated stalls faculty, staff and students must provide a state-issued handicap hangtag. Once we verify permit to driver we will provide a University Disabled hangtag at the regular rate. View registration application.
- Students and faculty/staff must register their vehicle with the Department of Parking and Transportation beginning July 1, 2013.
- All individuals with handicap hangtags may park in any non-reserved spaces, including faculty/staff and student spots.
- The University Disabled hangtag must be displayed with expiration date visible at all times.
- ADA permits are restricted from visitor designated areas as well as reserved parking stalls.
Blue diagonal lines adjacent to handicap spaces, blue wheelchair ramps and blue curbs ARE NOT handicap spaces. Vehicles parked in these areas are illegally parked and will be ticketed even if the handicap hangtag is visible.
Short-Term Medical (30 days or less)
- Obtain an authorization slip for short-term medical hangtag from V.B. Harrison Health Center.
- Present authorization slip to Department of Parking and Transportation for short-term medical hangtag.
- STUDENTS – A short-term medical hangtag permits students to park in faculty/staff spots, but not designated handicap parking or reserved parking stalls. Those who purchase a Park & Ride permit may not qualify for a short-term medical permit. (Please note all shuttles offer ADA ramps and lifts from their assigned routes.)
Long-Term Medical (More than 30 days)
If the need for special parking exceeds 30 days, contact a State/County Tax Collector Office to receive a state-issued temporary (less than 6 months, generally) handicap permit. Then return to the Department of Parking and Transportation for a University Disabled hangtag that will enable the student to park in handicap and other faculty/staff parking spaces on campus.