Scholarships and Other BenefitsCurrent funding for the program will provide a full scholarship for tuition, fees and books to all admitted applicants. In addition, living stipends during the summer are included. With cooperation from school districts and other funding sources, students should also receive a salary stipend, which allows them to focus on the internship and rigorous course work of this program.
Principal Corps benefits include• Master of Education or Educational Specialist degree from The University of Mississippi
upon successful completion.
• $10,000 signing bonus when a graduate accepts an administrative position in a Mississippi
school district upon completing the program.
• Free textbooks and other related course materials.
• Experience as a full-time graduate student.
• Structured internship to gain relevant experiences as an aspiring principal.
• Exposure to highly qualified and capable faculty.
• Professional networking.
• Living stipend while on campus.
• Ability to maintain salary and benefits from current school district (per negotiation).
"The knowledge gained from the educational leadership program enables me to provide a highquality educational environment where all are given the support needed to reach their greatest potential."
- Jeannie Treadway
M.Ed. Educational Leadership, 2006
Lewisburg Elementary School, Mississippi