The National Center for Intermodal Transportation for Economic Competitiveness (NCITEC): University of Mississippi - CAIT has partnered with Mississippi State University led University Consortium for NCITEC.
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) - Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), $3.5 million:
"The NCITEC Award", 2012- January 2014. NCITEC has been awarded additional grant of $3.4 million dollars, 2013 - January 2016. Total grant to NCITEC is 6.9 million dollars.
- NCITEC Mississippi State University (MSU), Starkville, Mississippi: NCITEC Director, Dr. Burak Eksiogluat. E-mail
- University of Denver (DU), Denver, Colorado: NCITEC Executive Director, Dr. Patrick Sherry.
- University of Mississippi (UM) CAIT, Oxford, Mississippi: NCITEC Associate Director – Research, Dr. Waheed Uddin. E-mail
- Louisiana State University (LSU), Baton Rouge, Louisiana: NCITEC Associate Director – Technology Transfer, Mr. Harold ‘Skip’ Paul.
- Hampton University (HU), Hampton, Virginia: NCITEC Associate Director – Education, Dr. Kelwyn D'Souza.
NCITEC Theme and Objective: The theme of NCITEC is to promote the development of an integrated, economically competitive, efficient, safe, secure, and
sustainable national intermodal transportation network by integrating all transportation modes for both freight and passenger mobility. NCITEC’s objective of creating an integrated sustainable intermodal transportation network will be
achieved by conducting coordinated research projects at the partner institutions that draw upon the experience and expertise at these institutions in the areas of: Research, Education, Workforce Development, and Technology Transfer.
NCITEC Request for Proposal (RFP): 2013...Expired
NCITEC Projects Awarded to UM investigators: