(PI - Dr. Waheed Uddin) Over 16 million dollars in new grants since 2000
including 4.6 million dollars software grant from geosptial industry in August 2009
- U.S. DOT - Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), Total award of $6.9 million grant:"
The National Center for Intermodal Transportation for Economic Competitiveness (NCITEC); CAIT is a part of Miss State Univ led University Consortium for NCITEC," $3.5 million, 2012-2013.
Additional $3.4 million, 2013-2016.
- Mississippi Department of Transportation, $71,500: "A Synthesis Study of Noncontact Nondestructive Evaluation of Top-down Cracking in Asphalt Pavements," 2011-2013.
- Mississippi Department of Transportation, $70,920: "Performance Evaluation of Roundabouts for Traffic Delay and Crash Reduction in Oxford, MS," 2009-2010, extended to June 30, 2011.
- The National Academy of Sciences (NAS)/Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), $350,000, ACRP 03-01: "Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) Deployment for Airport Obstructions Surveys," 2007-2009.
- USAID (United States Agency for International Development)/NAS, $94,000: "
Development of an ITS-based Traffic Management Model for Metropolitan Areas of Pakistan with Karachi as a Pilot Study," 2007-2010.
Pakistan - United States Science and Technology Cooperative Program (with NED University)
- Canadian Space Agency-NASA-USGS imageries for New Orleans DELTA project: "InSAR Study for Assessment of Katrina Impacts," 2006-2008 (One of only three U.S. Universities selected for the grant).
- US DOT,FHWA,National Highway Institute, $6,500: "Dwight David Eisenhower Transportation Fellowship (awarded to:
Bikila T. Wodajo, CAIT doctoral student)," 2006-2007.
- Mississippi Department of Transportation, $65,240: "Ground Penetrating Radar Study - Phase I," 2005-2006.
- US DOT- Research and Special Programs Administration (RSPA), $3,000,000 Four Years Contract to Mississippi State University Led Consortium: "Applications of Remote Sensing and Related Spatial Technologies to Environmental Assessments in Transportation,” $243,930 Four Years CAIT-The University of Mississippi subcontract, 2000-2004.
- iBSi Corporation, $20,000: “Implementation of Portable Bridge Cathodic Protection Technology,” 2001-2002.
- NASA/MSCI, $102,875: "Transportation Industry Applications Utilizing Laser Terrain Mapping Technology," 1999-2002.
- US DOT- FHWA, $110,000: "Development of Advanced Modeling and Analysis Technologies for Asphalt Pavements," 1999-2002.
- Mississippi DOT, $125,000: "Implementation of Superpave Equipment in Materials Curriculum and Asphalt Pavement Research," 2000-2001.
- US DOT- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) to City of Oxford, $1,500,000: "ITS Deployment and Integration, Oxford, Mississippi," 2000-2001; Assisted Mayor and City of Oxford to prepare the ITS workplan and conduct high resolution terrain mapping using airborne Lidar.
- Mississippi DOT, $117,320: "Improved Asphalt Thickness Design Procedures for New and Reconstructed Highway Pavements," 1996-1999 (PI: W. Uddin).
- Mississippi DOT, $244,340 plus $ 14,952 extension: “Subgrade Characterization For Highway Pavement Design,” 1999-2000 (Co-PI: W. Uddin; Co-PI: K.P. George)
- Mississippi DOT, $74,964: “Diagnostic Evaluation and Performance Study of Portland Cement Concrete Pavements in Mississippi,” 1993-1995 (PI: W. Uddin).
- US DOT- FHWA, $37,277: "Finite Element Models of Roadside Safety Structures," 1994-1998 (PI: R.M. Hackett, Co-PI: W. Uddin).