Health & Safety is committed to your safety and to your privacy. The privacy of your personal information is a priority to us and we are committed to safeguarding all personal information. We will not share any nonpublic information about you with any other organization unless we have your written consent.
How We Gather Information
- As part of providing you with safety and educational services, we may obtain information about you from the following sources:
- Applications, forms, and other information that you provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically or by any other means. This information may include your name, date of birth, social security or passport number, address, past educational and employment information, sex, medical history, prior radiation exposures, physician's evaluation and/or medical questionnaires.
- Information released to us by prior employers or educational institutions, whether in writing, by telephone, or electronically. This information may include your name, date of birth, social security or passport number, address, past educational and employment information, medical history and/or prior radiation exposures.
- Radiation Safety Committee minutes submitted to State Agencies as required by law,
- State and Federal information requests, or,
- to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or regulatory authorities.
We do not provide nonpublic information about you to any agency or organization for marketing or sales purposes, nor do we share this information, even if you are no longer associated with the University.
Security Practices and Information Accuracy
We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know that information in the course of their job responsibilities to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect your information.
Disposal of Personal Information
When we no longer need to maintain information about you, we physically destroy all copies of the information. Paper documents and disks are shredded, electronic copies are erased and storage units are cleaned or rendered useless prior to salvage.