Interlibrary Loan Services
The Interlibrary Loan Department (ILL) of the U.M. Libraries provides faculty and students with research materials not available in libraries on this campus. To become eligible for this service, you must register with ILLiad, the Libraries’ web-based ILL management program. Contact us at email@example.com for further information. ILL service for the Law School is provided by the Law Library. Click the list items below for further information about our services.
How to Register
- On the Library Home Page, click Interlibrary Loan, then Use Interlibrary Loan.
- Read the ILLiad information and agreement carefully, then logon to ILLiad with your WebID and password to create your user account.
How to make requests
- Log on to your ILLiad account using your WebID and password.
- Choose the appropriate request type.
- Key in complete citation, or copy and paste from another web site. Please include ISSN’s (available in most databases) whenever possible.
- If using a database available through the Library Home Page, requests may be submitted directly from a citation by clicking the “Find It” button, then checking the UM Library Catalog, then the link to the Interlibrary Loan request form.
How to Manage Your ILLiad Account
- Log on to your ILLiad account. The first page you will see is the Main Menu. From the Main Menu you can manage your Illiad account.
- View/Modify Outstanding Requests lets you review requests you have submitted that have not been received (in Request Sent status), or are ready to be picked up (in Customer Notified via E-Mail status).
- View/Download Electronically Received Articles lets you access your articles, if you have said “Yes” to electronic delivery when you registered.
- View/Renew Checked Out Items lets you see a list of loans that you have, check due dates, and request renewals.
- View Request History lets you see a list of items you have obtained through ILL in the past.
- View/Resubmit Cancelled Requests lets you see requests which have been cancelled because they could not be obtained at the time of original submission. They may be edited and resubmitted from this screen.
- Review Notifications
- Review Personal Information gives you the opportunity to make changes in your address, etc. or change your password.
- Forget your username or password? Contact the ILL office for assistance—please don’t submit a new registration.
Special Services Available Through ILL
- KUDZU: Our Library belongs to this regional consortium along with the Universities of Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Alabama, plus Tulane, Vanderbilt, Auburn, and several other southeastern libraries. Kudzu libraries expedite ILL delivery to one another; books may be received in 2-3 days and articles within 1-2 days. Book requests may be submitted directly from a WorldCat search.
- DISSERTATION EXPRESS: Although most dissertations are available through ILL, some of the more prestigious libraries do not lend dissertations, and there may be times when you wish to have your own printed copy of a dissertation. We can purchase these for you for $29.00, paid in advance. They are printed but not bound, and are delivered in 4-5 working days.
ILL Facts and Figures
- Offices: J.D. Williams Library Room 105 (first floor) phone 662-915-5867, fax 915-5453; Science Library 1031 Natural Products Center phone 662-915-5886, fax 915-7549. Open 8am-5pm Mon.-Fri. (For School of Pharmacy and Dept. of Chemistry only).
- Time: Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery of ILL materials, although items from Kudzu libraries will arrive faster. Allow extra time for dissertations, since there is generally only one circulating copy available.
- Loan periods: Determined by each lending library; generally 3-5 weeks.
- Renewals: If allowed by the lender, should be requested through your ILLiad account a few days before the book is due. You will be given a temporary new due date. Then wait a couple of days for the lender to reply, and check in ILLiad to find the final new due date.
- Overdues: Notices are sent by e-mail several times a week. The first notice is a reminder sent shortly before the book is due; the third notice blocks you from using ILL until the overdue material is returned.
- During FY 2010, we filled 21,175 ILL requests for The University of Mississippi Libraries users. We also supplied 24,466 photocopies and loans to other libraries. The ILL document delivery services provided 4,105 items for faculty, staff, and students.
Where is the ILL Office?
The ILL office is located in Room 104, of the J.D. Williams Library. This is located on the first floor, south of the Reference and Circulation desks. Follow the signs. The Science Library is located at 1031 Natural Products Center.